Electribe EMX + minibrute/mopho etc OR Elektribe Analog Four?

Hello

I apologies in advance for the long ramble
I'm preparing a live set up. I have the Electribe ESX-1 for drum sequencing and it will be the backbone of this set up. I love the interface/workflow and love the fact that I am able to use my own drum samples.
I am now looking for a synth/sequencer for my set up. Basically, I want the ESX to sync to the synth/rompler via MIDI tempo lock only, because it is limited in its melody aspect. I want the synth rompler to be handling its melodies/arps, only to stay in sync with the esx.

ESX (midi tempo out)---> EMX (midi sequence out)---> mopho or mini brute (etc)
OR
ESX (midi tempo out) ----> Elektron Analog four

The Analog four looks and sounds amazing, but I am a bit worried about the live/tweak workflow with the menus. I really like the esx workflow, and I believe the emx would be similar in programming arps/ melody sequences to trigger something like the mopho (not interested in using the internal synth of the emx, just sequence capabilities).
Both options would be similar in $$
1. I feel that the emx option would be more flexible in the future because I could midi sync various synths, whereas the analog four does not have midi out capabilities in terms of its sequencer, though I really dig the sound of the analog four
2. I have some concerns about the emx midi out

What would you recommend? Do I have the midi sync basics down? Your 2 cents would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Back