E-mu Xrom????

DiaboliC

Which rom is this i just bought a E-mu MP-7 And it came with the XRom Installed?

Is that the Beat Garded Rom?

Oh **** also came with a Proteus Pop Rom....

All for 400 im in love!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
DiaboliC said:
Which rom is this i just bought a E-mu MP-7 And it came with the XRom Installed?

Is that the Beat Garded Rom?

Oh **** also came with a Proteus Pop Rom....

All for 400 im in love!!!!!!!!

Yeah $400 is great. Dont sleep on the MP-7, it's sequencer is very capable if you want to use if as a master sequencer.

Is the MOPHatt ROM, nice hit sounds, great kit drums. . $400 is a good price. Check out the OS that you have there.

You honestly cant beat the quality you get on those for $400. I picked mine up in very good used condition from GC for like $365:cheers:

mdcc said:
You can get the new os on the emu yahoo group link below. Must register first though.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/pk6/

I already was registered for the XK-7 group , but all info is appreciated. Now, how exactly does the patch script work for cubase. In cubase do i just input the bank, prg change, midi channel, etc off the script, or do you load it into cubase some kind of way:confused:

DiaboliC said:
man im digging this MP-7 So much im on my 3rd Beat today and they are all slamming

You gotta upload them so i can peep them. Whoever had mine first didnt take anytime to learn it. Some of his beats are still on there and every once i a while i listen to them:p

Lol yea theres like 100 beats made on mine but im afraid to factory reset because i dont know how to get my presets back in the mp-7

so im just doing it the hardway and going to a empty seq and saving it to all the beats i wanna erease. =/

Last edited:
DiaboliC said:
Lol yea theres like 100 beats made on mine but im afraid to factory reset because i dont know how to get my presets back in the mp-7

so im just doing it the hardway and going to a empty seq and saving it to all the beats i wanna erease. =/

This guy only had like maybe 10 sequences. Lemme tell ya, they make me laugh:p Talk about unquantized off pitch/key melodies and drums. It takes me back to when i first started. I can laugh cause i been there.:D

ok biggest question is how to i save user banks to my computer.?

I know its thru midi Syx but im lost on the whole thing

Also i read if u factory reset u loos all the presets then u have to reimport them using syx but i dont understand how?

Wanna School me on that?

balma said:
I have two command stations with 6 ROMS. Any question don't hesitate....

How do i use the cubase patch script, and will the Cubase SX script work on LE. Also, what is your technique for 32nd rolls on the stations. Also, why do you have 2 stations, obviously they are geared towards different genre's but dont the Roms cover that.

for saving banks:
Obviously you must have the ELoader installed.
Your computer must have MIDI interface, you can't transmit using only the USB interface, this one is just for speeding the process. both MIDI plugs must be connected on the EMU and the computer. Cables must be connected before turning on the unit.

You can find the process of downloading banks on the CDROM, on the documents section, ELOADER Operation manual. The process takes a few minutes. On the EMU, just go to the MIDI menu, send patch bank, match the MIDI Device number (use 1 on both)

Sorry for the Cubase question, I don't use computer for music production, I'm 100% hardware.

About the 32 roll....

There are lots of ways for playing the 32 rolls:

take one patch. One the patch cords, assign one knob, to turn off and on the arppegio on the patch. go to the arppegio editing screen, select a arppegio pattern. If the arppegio is 1/16 based, duplicate the pattern speed.
then, you can turn on and off a32nd roll with just moving one knob.

When recording on realtime, put the quantize value on 32. With the repeat button, now you can enter 32 notes while recording.
On step grid, each time you select the repeat note, it will record automatically 23 notes.

the 32nd roll is used widely on drum & bass. I apply it on bridges and pattern transitions. Play with them, controlling the notes quantity with a knob, and with another one, increases and decreases on the volume. Also, associate the 32nd notes bridges,with discrete variations on the attac and decay level of short sounds.

I also use it on goa trance leads. Command stations can simulate VA synths, using weird patchcords on its controller programming. Fast performances of VA sounds, sound very good when applying 32nd notes. 32nd notes can be used not only on snares or hi hats, but on leads and edge sounds.

balma said:
for saving banks:
Obviously you must have the ELoader installed.
Your computer must have MIDI interface, you can't transmit using only the USB interface, this one is just for speeding the process. both MIDI plugs must be connected on the EMU and the computer. Cables must be connected before turning on the unit.

You can find the process of downloading banks on the CDROM, on the documents section, ELOADER Operation manual. The process takes a few minutes. On the EMU, just go to the MIDI menu, send patch bank, match the MIDI Device number (use 1 on both)

Sorry for the Cubase question, I don't use computer for music production, I'm 100% hardware.

About the 32 roll....

There are lots of ways for playing the 32 rolls:

take one patch. One the patch cords, assign one knob, to turn off and on the arppegio on the patch. go to the arppegio editing screen, select a arppegio pattern. If the arppegio is 1/16 based, duplicate the pattern speed.
then, you can turn on and off a32nd roll with just moving one knob.

When recording on realtime, put the quantize value on 32. With the repeat button, now you can enter 32 notes while recording.
On step grid, each time you select the repeat note, it will record automatically 23 notes.

the 32nd roll is used widely on drum & bass. I apply it on bridges and pattern transitions. Play with them, controlling the notes quantity with a knob, and with another one, increases and decreases on the volume. Also, associate the 32nd notes bridges,with discrete variations on the attac and decay level of short sounds.

I also use it on goa trance leads. Command stations can simulate VA synths, using weird patchcords on its controller programming. Fast performances of VA sounds, sound very good when applying 32nd notes. 32nd notes can be used not only on snares or hi hats, but on leads and edge sounds.

Thanks balma. I am gonna try this stuff out. From a drumming standpoint 32nds on the high hats arent as hard because you can just play a fast 16th pattern with double strokes and get the sound:D
On that note i should put some rudimental pattern in a track......hmmmm....ideas:monkey:

Back