do I really need an MPC or MV8800?

J

jroc2008

I am trying not to get a MPC or a MV8800 because I got a workstation (motif)..and I am trying to see what are the best voice libraries or wavs I can get for it and does anyone know if the bigfishaudio kits works well with the motif? Do I really need on MPC or is my way effective?

jroc2008 said:
I am trying not to get a MPC or a MV8800 because I got a workstation (motif)..and I am trying to see what are the best voice libraries or wavs I can get for it and does anyone know if the bigfishaudio kits works well with the motif? Do I really need on MPC or is my way effective?

MV8800 ****s all over every mpc besides the 4000. The 3000 and 60 don't come close to comparing to the 4000 or 8800, but so many sick producers love em so I aint gonna knock em.

Sorry, plain and simple, get the 8800. I got a 8000, if you have any questions please ask.

lol @ comparing feature sets from the mpc 3000 to the MV 8800. the 3000 is like 20 years old. Anyway use whatever you feel comfortable with. I know a lot of hot cats who make beats with just a motif. It has a sampler and a sequencer so there is no need for a mpc but if u want one go for it.

Well...

If you are rockin an ES series or newer: hell no. But I'm sure the older models are just as dope. Sampling on the Motif is real dope, despite the word out otherwise.

thanks for the help I got a motif classic but I have all the sounds for the es and xs loaded in it..and the sequencer is so easy to use.. so I think I will stick with what I got

if you morons noticed, I said that the 8800 ****s on every mpc. I wasn't comparing features (please point out where I compare features), I was just saying that even if you get a 8800, you can still get a 3000 or 60 because of their "unique" sound. jesus. theres more to drum machines than just the features, no?

jroc2008 said:
thanks for the help I got a motif classic but I have all the sounds for the es and xs loaded in it..and the sequencer is so easy to use.. so I think I will stick with what I got

good, very good.

Last edited:
jroc2008 said:

please explain more?i got a classic would love the es and xs sounds;)

DiaboliC said:
yeah!! me to:cheers:

DiaboliC said:
yeah!! me to:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
lvngdead said:
MV8800 ****s all over every mpc besides the 4000. The 3000 and 60 don't come close to comparing to the 4000 or 8800, but so many sick producers love em so I aint gonna knock em.

Sorry, plain and simple, get the 8800. I got a 8000, if you have any questions please ask.

I don't think that you have to have any certain kind of equipment to get inspiration. I feel like you make work with what you have. I started out with a Korg Triton Studio. I mean that was my very first peace of equipment. Thats how I learned how to seq. and build songs on. I learned that thing in and out for two and a half years before I got my next piece of equipment. I learned how to sample and chop on a Triton. When I got my first full fledge sampler I chose the MPC 4000. I picked the 4000 and to me personally DO NOT SEQUENCE with nothing else.Everything besdes my live instrumentation sees the 4000 first before Protools.I don't really like to get into that MPC vs MV ****. But I see people tripping over the technical side of the equipment all of the time. I feel like you just better be able to have a ear and make good music. You can have 50,000 worth of stuff but you can still get knocked out by some one with and MPC 60 an old sound module and some samples. I feel JUST MAKE GOOD MUSIC.......

Ground Zero

myspace.com/projectzeropro

look I say you go to a store and try them out I know that I am going to get a mpc 4000 or an 8800 cause I like the work flow of hardware it makes you feel like your really part of the music. one reason I would get the 4000 or the 8800 is that I hate making drums on a keyboard cause you dont get the same feel as a drum machine

Freezo said:
If you are rockin an ES series or newer: hell no. But I'm sure the older models are just as dope. Sampling on the Motif is real dope, despite the word out otherwise.
how do you manually chop on it? i wasted money to buy the dimm for it and it doesnt have a decent sampler!

lvngdead said:
if you morons noticed, I said that the 8800 ****s on every mpc. I wasn't comparing features (please point out where I compare features), I was just saying that even if you get a 8800, you can still get a 3000 or 60 because of their "unique" sound. jesus. theres more to drum machines than just the features, no?

good, very good.
now dont bring Jesus into this :mad:

Last edited:
Back