Decent setup?

Marshyn

Hey everyone! I used to be on FP way back in the day, but haven't really gotten back into music production until now.
I'm on a budget so I've been doing some research and came to this set up. Let me know what you guys think.
I want to be able to do a bit of sampling, skewing toward electro/hip hop

korg padKontrol
M-audio axiom 25
turntable
reason or FL

like I said I'm on a budget, so I'm seeing if this bare bones set up will allow me to do what i want to do. Thanks

M

In short, yes. The choice of software will naturally have the biggest effect on your workflow, so be sure to try out demos before deciding. I'd probably take Ableton Live as a third alternative besides FL/Reason...

krushing said:
In short, yes. The choice of software will naturally have the biggest effect on your workflow, so be sure to try out demos before deciding. I'd probably take Ableton Live as a third alternative besides FL/Reason...
Hey, thanks for the reply. Now I just need to figure which software to choose with some killer sounds that will allow me to sync up all the hardware the easiest.

M

Last edited:
since the padkontrol and axiom are controllers they'll work the same in reason or fruity. you won't be able to record directly into reason from your tt though.

Yeah, if you use reason, you will need something to record into and i also recommend recycle. For a software setup, seems like all i would need (except i hate keyboards that small). Download some demos and see what software works for you but the hardware is solid IMO.

Back