creating your own sound module

cream7

hello all...wanted to know if anyone makes their own sound packs, or sound modules?? i mean when i sample i always save lil hitz and stabs, 2-bar and 4-bar loops...but do you create like keyboards....horns...organs., etc.... just would like to know what your process would be, as far as layering, effects, compression, etc.,...... i want to try it out, but id rather get some info, before hand to prevent doing it twice...i use the mpc1000....reason 5...and fruity loops 10.....:bigeyes:

I c 96 people have viewed this... But no-one responded... Since 96 people viewed it, I'm sure 95 people r interested in the answer lol

number of views comes down to those who are interested - not everyone has the skillz or the knowledge to answer your question or the inclination in some cases.

Basically, there is nothing wrong with what you suggest - just know that you are looking at long hours of work doing something for you that you will never be able to legally sell (unless you played the instruments used live).

I'd suggest using layers is ok, but would avoid any and and all creative effects.

Maybe compression if you are trying to get something to hit big without too much increase in overall amplitude/perceived volume.

Beyond that it is simply a case of packaging and using later

I c 96 people have viewed this... But no-one responded... Since 96 people viewed it, I'm sure 95 people r interested in the answer lol

Your question probably should have been asked in the sound design section because creating a sound module in relation to hardware involves breaking out the soldering iron.

When it comes to selling sample based material Bandcoach is correct in saying that you can't use the sample based audio material created by someone else, for example I can't tweak and then resell someones TR-808 kick drum sample (even if it comes off hardware) but I can sample and sell the sounds from my own TR-808 drum machine because it does not use samples at all, in the case of software that also does not rely on samples to produce sounds the ability to sell samples produced by such software should be outlined in your licensing agreement.

One thing you might want to look into is patches, this is where you can sometimes sell not the samples used but the settings you used to create certain sounds.

Back