converting a sequence into a mp3

J

jig

wuts up i made all my sequences into one long sequence and i want to either make it into a wav or mp3 file so that i can hear it on my laptop plz help

i guessing ur using an mpc...

so i assume uve made it into a song. have you recorded it yet and actually made it a song or is it still a long sequence.

if u have recorded it...

lets say u named it sample 1 after u recorded it.
-go to MODE-SAVE and then look to through ur card or memory and find sample 1
press save to memory card if ur using a compact fash card.
-then if u have usb connections from ur mpc to computer, click usb.
-when the usb icon comes up on ur computer, it will have all ur files that u saved it there(snare sample, bass, kick, hat, w/e)but it will also say sample 1.
it should be in a wav. form
-open it in whatever but i use itunes cuz its a lot easier.
-so i open it in itunes...it loads...and then starts playing/
-right click on the song and look for "convert to mp3"
-if its not there go to preferences-advanced-importing-Import using : mp3 encoder and make sure it says that.
-it will convert to mp3 and then u will have a wav. one and an mp3 one.
-i would recommend deleting the wav. one cuz it takes up lots of space and u can always convert it back.
and there u go. pm me for questions

Last edited:
im not sure which MPC you have, but for the 1000, you'll need a interface like one called M-Audio Fast Track that allows you to record to the MPC....you can use any program that can record from the interface.

converting a seq to a mp3

i have the 2500 yea i heard about that way also but its a little expensive depending on which one u get. but if u know how to do it wit the 2500 i appreciate it. thx

well my fast track came up to under 100, i dont have the multitrack one, thats the very expensive one. the one i have had one input that you'll connect to the mpc stereo output, and any program like FL Studio, which I use, or any program that can record from the input will work. anything else you need, let me know, peace.

aight thx for the advice i just went and bough some cables and connected it to my friends mixer and recorded it into cedit so im gon do dat for the meantime until i get my money up. i went on ur page ur beats were cool how long u been at it and wut u use

Thanks, I've been working hard to get better at making beats. I've been making beats consistently since June 07. As of right now, I use a MPC1000, a mixer, turntables and vinyl, and FL Studio, either for equalizing songs from the MPC or if I want to make non-sampled songs. Before, I used FL Studio for sampling, and it was pretty good, but I prefer the MPC. As far as recording songs onto the PC, Cool Edit is fine. I either use that or a small program called Reaper that's pretty good too. But if you ever get enough cash for a real multitrack interface, it would be nice because you could get each track individually recorded all at once.

Last edited:
converting a seq to a mp3

dats wassup u just started basically i been at it for a little while now mayb a yr i used fl. but now i got the mp so im trying to master that, yea when i get my paper up im gon get the interface bc u can seperate the tracks. thx fot the advice hit me up whenever. i dont have a page but this is my partners page check out the beats ill put some on there soon.

Back