Connecting MPC2KXL to Technics mixer using RCA cables

ABSiNT

I have the RCAs plugged into the MPC's digital outs going into the mixers phono ins. I can hear the mpc but its very low with heavy static. I was told in another thread that RCAs would work but I'm starting to doubt that because the only option I have on the mpc is the digital outs.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

You only connect digital to digital, like if you had a mixer with digital in and out you would use those to connect with the digital in and out on your MPC, you don't connect digital to phono or line just because the plugs match, that's why I mentioned using an adapter. When you ask a very basic question without providing any details you are going to get a basic answer.

You need to run the left and right stereo out (or alternatively any assignable mix outputs) to a line input on your DJ mixer (not phono, that is for turntables) you can use a 1/4 plug to RCA socket adapter on the end of your RCA cable to plug into your MPC or you can get a cable with the right plugs at each end.

You only connect digital to digital, like if you had a mixer with digital in and out you would use those to connect with the digital in and out on your MPC, you don't connect digital to phono or line just because the plugs match, that's why I mentioned using an adapter. When you ask a very basic question without providing any details you are going to get a basic answer.

You need to run the left and right stereo out (or alternatively any assignable mix outputs) to a line input on your DJ mixer (not phono, that is for turntables) you can use a 1/4 plug to RCA socket adapter on the end of your RCA cable to plug into your MPC or you can get a cable with the right plugs at each end.

Thanks for your help; I'm assuming I would need to sets of 1/4 plug to RCA if I want to both record and play back sounds in the mpc. Is this assumption correct?

Some mixers have two sets of outputs and any one will be fine. As far as inputs you should put the MPC on the opposite channel to your turntable/CD and use cue to monitor the MPC when sampling into it to avoid feedback.

Back