Command Station Owners Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i tryed updating my mp7 os1.01 to 2.0 today and found out i first gotta download Commandprep10.dli to my cs and then command200.dli.
so i start downloading the commandprep10.dli with the e-loader os downloader and it starts.
but then it stops in the middle of the download and says download failed. on the mp7 it says
ERROR Downloading
MIDI: Time out_

i use this midi usb interface: CME U2MIDI

anyone can help here? please!!! =)

MP7 Songs/Patterns/Arps

Just picked up a MP7 on e-bay with no rom I put my MoPhatt rom in it, works great. Anyone have the original Songs, patterns, arps & any user presets for it... Thanks....

Thanks Guys, I found the patterns at e-mu, but not the songs or anything else. Please e-mail them to: sound_design@juno.com

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Also I have a e-6400 Ultra, Any1 know where 2 get the roms? I think I'd like 2 try 2 burn my own samples.

Thanks Guys, I found the patterns at e-mu, but not the songs or anything else. Please e-mail them to: sound_design@juno.com

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Also I have a e-6400 Ultra, Any1 know where 2 get the roms? I think I'd like 2 try 2 burn my own samples.

There are no flashrooms available for the moment.

you can join the yahoogroup for xl7 or command station, there's an engineer who is finding if he can build a bunch of them but first he must check the demand for them.

and ...There are no songs, only patterns

When I downloaded the manual, it is using the demo sequences. can I find those anywhere?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I connected a midi controller and put the composer & Orchestral Sessions rom in 2day..... 5hrs, 4 complete songs ago... Instant midi work station Wow

That's dope. The MP-7 was a cool machine. Even though I haven't seriously used mine in years I still can bring myself to sell it. And never will.

mine is currently on the fritz something wrong with the damn simm board it wont read roms i seriously loved this machine and will get another soon. so if anyone needs a mp-7 for parts hit me up every knob light pad ect works just wont read simms for some reason.

I just added my third command station this Xmas.

I made some holes on the Lateral metallic sides, some strong bolts, and they are ensambled together as a single huge command station.

I have the three versions MP7, XL7 and PK7, with the standard roms, plus beat garden, vintage keys and composer ROM.

In resume:

39 sensitive pads,
48 programmable knobs....
almost 3000 preset sounds
1536 user patches.
48 tracks with their respective trigger.

384 polyphony.

900.000 notes sequencer capabilities.... .

One of the command stations controls the other two with MIDI. And these other two units, controls 4 external synths.

This is my E-mu dream sequencer. now nothing seems impossible.

I'll work during a couple of years with the user patches I'm creating. In fact they are not just 3 synths with independant results each one, but I'm creating synergy between them, specializing each unit on a a different task, that will support other units' actions.....

I just added my third command station this Xmas.

I made some holes on the Lateral metallic sides, some strong bolts, and they are ensambled together as a single huge command station.

I have the three versions MP7, XL7 and PK7, with the standard roms, plus beat garden, vintage keys and composer ROM.

In resume:

39 sensitive pads,
48 programmable knobs....
almost 3000 preset sounds
1536 user patches.
48 tracks with their respective trigger.

384 polyphony.

900.000 notes sequencer capabilities.... .

One of the command stations controls the other two with MIDI. And these other two units, controls 4 external synths.

This is my E-mu dream sequencer. now nothing seems impossible.

I'll work during a couple of years with the user patches I'm creating. In fact they are not just 3 synths with independant results each one, but I'm creating synergy between them, specializing each unit on a a different task, that will support other units' actions.....

Please please let us see a pic of this.

ja ja nothing extraordinary. I just removed 6 of 8 "black ears" that come on the sides, made the holes of the bolts a little bigger, and then, placed more resistant bolts, and put the units together hole with hole...
PK7 at the middle, XL7 at the left, MP7 at the right. It looks huge!
three yellow screens, so much knobs and track triggers blinking.

I left two ROMS per unit. They are not just great sequencers, but very capable machines when creating sounds, thanks
to its singular configration with MOD MATRIX, 1 chorus per voice (each patch can have up to 12 voices), 15 different LFOS
and 50 different filters.

Obviously the ROMS you have installed gives the personality of each machine.

The middle PK-7 is the dream of drums.... it has the standard rom (wich is the best of the 3 units) and the
beat garden.

Any kind of percussive sound can be achieved in the middle one. I decided to do NOT record MIDI tracks there, and use
only the internal engine to fill out the tracks. Since is the middle one of the three, it sends only
MIDI CLOCK through its A and B Midi Outputs, no notes information. So here is were we press PLAY to start all
the system.

At the left is the XL7 with the World Expedition Drum. This ROM is the most expensive one, however, I got it on
$150 on auction.

The tracks 9-16 on this unit are dedicated to internal sounds. Pads with somem flutes, basses, aeros.

The tracks 1-6 control a ENSONIQ FIZMO.

There I achieved a great control over the weird bizarre sounds of the FIZMO. FIZMO's MIDI configurationo is pure
oddity. Each patch can have up to 8 transwaves. But each pair of transwaves inside the patches, can be controlled
through MIDI in an independant way of the other6 transwaves. So, the expressive possibilities over a single patch
are huge, if you can control different aspects of each patch with a high versatile sequencer like command station
track1 controls the 8 transwaves at the same time, track 2, transwaves 1-2, track 3, transwaves 3-4... and so...
Track 6, activates-deactivates the Fizmo's arppegiator.

Tracks 7 and 8, are sample triggers for a sampler Roland SP808.

THE MP7 is at the right, and it offers control to 3 synths. It contains MIDI note data to be sent to the Roland V-Synth,

the Yamaha EX5, and there's a thru cable that sends tempo to a Korg Electribe ESX1. This unit, has also a specialty on

bmp oscillating pads and effects, with the MP7 ROM and vintage keys, and most of all, CHORDED patches. Different transponse
for each wave inside patches. Lots of chorded guitars and mellow organs, with middle filter and resonance, to create those
lovely house chord hits.

Each command station has a different configuration and plays different purposes. The PK7 does not has 12 waves
patches, most of the patches don't have the link function active, since I need all the 512 user locations to have a
crowd of any kind of drums. Besides, 12 waves per patch eats polyphony

The XL7 has 12 waves per each patch. I use only 8 tracks of the internal engine, so I decided, to create really fat patches
there. Let's see what this baby can do, with these two ROMS and intense work of relating patches between them with the amazing
link function.

Same for the MP7, but here, sounds are more complex, and less fat. Let's say, 12 independant LFOS oscillating at different tempos, with
waves that are noises, effects, irregular pads.

I'm barely starting this project. I feel honored to have 3 of one of the most versatile and creative drum machines ever created. I truly
believe the command stations are one of a kind, and too underrated. Each unit costed me $300-$350....

is it me or is song mode in the command station completely f@%ed? first of all it throws in all of these extra track mute events, i'm talking sometimes up to four consecutive mutes when you only pressed the track button once. these events clutter up the time line making it further impossible to edit. this is of course if you are recording your track mutes live which is the main reason i use song mode.

then there's the times when you reload a saved song and halfway through all tracks will become silent and no muting and unmuting will bring them back. only to find out after searching through the time line an erroneous track mute (on a track you weren't even using) had been thrown in by the machine which somehow miraculously mutes everything from that point forward :/ .......

also i'll recall a song and similar to the above example, somewhere in the song all of a sudden a track will become unmute, but there will be no event in the time line to delete to get rid of it :(

these are just some examples of what happens about 50% of every song. pattern mode has it's quirks but nothing like the mute fiasco and general mind trickery played on the user in song mode. i think an evil spirit is trapped in song mode sometimes.

just wanted to vent but more importantly find out if indeed my beloved xl-7 is maybe sick. it does get warm after an hour and start to smell really bad like an old space heater with that burnt hair smell. although inside it looks immaculate. maybe it's the psu? (surely that wouldn't be the cause of such strange and nefarious behavior in song mode?)

peace and happy command stationing

Ha! 5 years later, i come back to bump stuff. Still rocking with my MP-7. One day I'll add some roms, it just amazes me how they still go for the high high. It would be cheaper to get a Roland module and some jv/srx cards, those things are cheap compared to our emu stuff. Still not selling my command station tho!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back