Command Station Owners Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiaboliC

I Finaly got me another E-mu Command Station i got me the MP-7 I used to Own a E-MU XL-7 but feel inlove with mpc's like a idiot and sold the XL-7

But i got me Another One The MP-7. And already bought a XL Rom, and I also have a E-mu PK-6

So i feel i got all the sounds i would need for now.(But i will max both out in time)

But my Question Is On the MP-7 am i able to save and load Presets from the USB Port?

I Remember I could with patterns and songs but never tried Patches

Would i be able to tweak sounds to my liking Save them in my User Banks .

Save my custom user banks to my PC HD

then Re Install the original User Sounds and my tweaked sounds when i like?

Also if anyone has roms for sale let me know=)

Last edited:
I use a MP-7 in my setup and honestly i dont know about the usb stuff cause i have never used the usd on it and i just looked in the owners manual index and it didn't say anything about it. As far as presets, i think you should be able to edit user presets to your liking because the MP-7 presets will stay original

yea the presets will stay the same but theres some user sounds that i would like to keep original for creating new sounds with...

Yo YoungJboy Do u use the MP-7 As your master sequencer?

Last edited:
DiaboliC said:
yea the presets will stay the same but theres some user sounds that i would like to keep original for creating new sounds with...

Yo YoungJboy Do u use the MP-7 As your master sequencer?

Sometimes, but as of late, i been using cubase le. I have done some tracks with nothing but the MP-7. If you look on my myspace page, i have a track called "smooth knock". That track was all MP-7. The only thing i did was record the output to cubase and burn to disc, but all sounds and sequecing were done on the command station

DiaboliC said:
Is ur mp-7 Maxed?it must be if u bought a fantom rack and a karma

Naw, i picked it up from GC a while back. It was a return or tradein. I got the karma to play keys with and the fantom for the same reason. Eventually they'll probably get gigged.

flux302 said:
i belive using the librarian software you can load up saved patches and tweaks.

word up mane, i may have to try that. I know it came with a disk that i have never bothered to put in my PC. I should check it out though because I hate setting it up in cubase. My fantom and Karma are easy to set midi channels to with no librarian or patch script, but the MP-7 is always hard. I assign a midi channel, go in the global midi menu and asign program changes and the damn thing will still play back a different preset sometimes. It boggles my mind:confused:

whats up...

I was peroooooooozin some of the post and found this "command station" thread, just thought I drop a few lines. I've had an xl-7 for a few years now...xtreme and the mophat board loaded...it was a good deal at the time...the store didn't have the purple one (it was on back order) so they offered me a deal on the yellow and included the mophatt board. I'd like more info on the yahoo group.

for loading/downloading anything, you must use the MIDI OUT/IN puts of the command station, but is NOT possible to do it using only the USB cable.

There is a cable that has USB one side and two MIDI connections on the other side. That one works.

Read carefully the E Loader manual

Please Explain more^ i could send syx patches to the midi to usb cables?

Please Explain more becuse im very lost on this whole saving patches **** i got this program MidiOX and lost with it

And i got this easy program SendSyx i sent a patch i downloaded from the yahoo group to the mp7 and it showed up but played nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back