Command Station Owners Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitly you need the ELoader. Is a headache to use it with other softwares.

Give me your Email and I'll try to send you the Eloader program this week. With the Eloader is quite easy, but you need the MIDI interface.

okay...I need help.

I used MACs for yeeeaaarrrss and now have a PC. it was pretty simple to instal e-loader, use an opcode driver for daw, usb connect the computer (mac) and also midi up the xl7 with Reason.

However, I'm lost on this PC...system won't recognize the xl7 and I don't have a clue on what driver to get the usb connectivity. Any basic suggestions (if anyone can understand my gibberish)...point me in a direction...I do like a challenge and learning curves.

B Mac

B Mac said:
okay...I need help.

I used MACs for yeeeaaarrrss and now have a PC. it was pretty simple to instal e-loader, use an opcode driver for daw, usb connect the computer (mac) and also midi up the xl7 with Reason.

However, I'm lost on this PC...system won't recognize the xl7 and I don't have a clue on what driver to get the usb connectivity. Any basic suggestions (if anyone can understand my gibberish)...point me in a direction...I do like a challenge and learning curves.

B Mac

Alrighty then....I got it people. Don't I feel stupid...I used midiman 1x1 connection told the system where to find the driver and presto chango wam baam thank you...LOL I got it 5 minutes after I left the forum...soooooooooo never mind lol.

B Mac

The connection was working...

I got some cats that come in and make beats so I started rewiring sh** on the fly...when they left I went back to setting up the midi and usb connect with the EMU XL7 and I get nothing.

This is driving me nuts...I've been at it off and on all night.

Whats more fustrating...these dudes aren't that serious...what a waste of my time.

B Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i said here goes a vid wit the mp-7 in it but he did do a little on his mp-7 close to da end. Also the beats he were playing he said he made on the mp-7. Sorry if i misled u but i never stated it was a video of a dude making a beat on the MP-7.

mdcc said:
Well i said here goes a vid wit the mp-7 in it but he did do a little on his mp-7 close to da end. Also the beats he were playing he said he made on the mp-7. Sorry if i misled u but i never stated it was a video of a dude making a beat on the MP-7.

I didnt know he made all the tracks on the MP-7. I kinda skipped thru the vid. The beats were cool though

command station vid...

Great...nice to see someone doin' there thang on the command station. I liked the set up too...I decided to rewire my home studio... I had been using a Yamaha keyboard (a learning keyboard..no seq) as a midi contoller for the emu...it was driving me nuts...took up too much space...anywho thats neither here nor there.

Thanks for the vid thread.

B Mac
www.soundclick.com/ghostwriterjpop
www.soundclick.com/maryjaneakaonelove

B Mac said:
okay...I need help.

B Mac

What USB drivers did you use for your MAC..cause I cant get my XL-7 to load to the mac via the USB cable..

willie.bossie@ajcc.navy.mil

e-loader

bknot1 said:
What USB drivers did you use for your MAC..cause I cant get my XL-7 to load to the mac via the USB cable..

I hope this helps...first- check out some of the past post on this subject, cats have been talking about the use of e-loader...its a program that allows you to upload or delete the presets for the command station...stuff emu had put together...some of it is cool for a template..but you wanna do your own stuff. I used "opcode" driver that came with "midiman uno" its a midi to usb piece of crap uh I mean interface unit that allowed me to clock REASON and the command station...thats all I did with it, didn't get to complicated like some...now I just midi up a keyboard to use as a controller for the command station.

Good luck,

B Mac
www.soundclick.com/ghostwriterjpop

bknot1 said:

It says in the E-Loader manual that usb support on the mac for the command stations does not exist. You can save your patterns and songs using E-Loader on the mac, a MIDI interface, and MIDI cables but you need something like Unisyn if you want to store and edit patches too.

can you use your own samples and sounds from your computer on the mp-7 if you have a sampler like an e-5000 ultra? or are you stuck with just whatevers on the mp-7/roms?

Last edited:
your stuck with whatevers stuck on the rom. EMU came out with a command station that was grey that sampled...I never used it...actually I'm still angry about that lol...EMU put it out just after I bought my xl7 :::mumbling:"ba**ards":::::::....I have two roms loaded...they're just two pricey for me...but damn I want the orchestra rom...it was more economical to add an mpc to my studio and load what I wanted...but I still use the xl7.

B Mac said:
your stuck with whatevers stuck on the rom. EMU came out with a command station that was grey that sampled...I never used it...actually I'm still angry about that lol...EMU put it out just after I bought my xl7 :::mumbling:"ba**ards":::::::....I have two roms loaded...they're just two pricey for me...but damn I want the orchestra rom...it was more economical to add an mpc to my studio and load what I wanted...but I still use the xl7.
Wow...that sucks...I can't use all the sounds I have even if I have an Emu 5000 ultra to go along with the mp7? That seriously sucks. :mad:
What CAN I do on the mp-7 and Emu ultra 5000 sampler then?...what would the sampler be able to do for me when the mp7 can't use samples?...Someone help me here....

Last edited:
kevxduo said:
Wow...that sucks...I can't use all the sounds I have even if I have an Emu 5000 ultra to go along with the mp7? That seriously sucks. :mad:
What CAN I do on the mp-7 and Emu ultra 5000 sampler then?...what would the sampler be able to do for me when the mp7 can't use samples?...Someone help me here....

The MP7 can sequence pretty much anything that has a MIDI input. You should be able to do a lot with your Ultra 5000 and MP-7.

Angstwulf said:
The MP7 can sequence pretty much anything that has a MIDI input. You should be able to do a lot with your Ultra 5000 and MP-7.

This is true...I do so much enjoy "sequencing" with the EMU XL7 then eye midi sync it with the MPC 1000 or Korg smkII sampler...this is the first month (Aug 2006) that I've been abe to use all my stuff...its like a kid on xmas day (and I'm an ole skool). My biggest quip problem: midi sync the XL7 and Reason on my iMac...I had it working last year...can't get it working anymore...I love creating bass lines with the subtractor...screw it...I sample it into the mpc or just record a seperate track.

B Mac

B Mac said:

You're talking about the PX-7, the last piece of hardware e-mu released, it doesn't sample, no command stations do..but you can sequence any sampler or piece of gear or software very nicely with any command station...

If i remember correctly, you could actually burn your own ROM's with the E-mu E-4X? And you could use that ROM in any command stations.
And there was that Emu keyboard that could hold Emu rom's plus it could sample, too bad it didn't have a sequencer... i guess it was mad expensive cos i haven't seen many of those around, even the rack E-4 was like 5000€ back a few years ago..

Twilight Zone....

jbone said:
You're talking about the PX-7, the last piece of hardware e-mu released, it doesn't sample, no command stations do..but you can sequence any sampler or piece of gear or software very nicely with any command station...

Sometimes I could swear this is the the twilight zone...eye really did think that the px-7 could sample...ah well...back to the real deal...the command station is still a nice piece of gear...I'd like to own the orchestra rom....thanks for the clairification...eye did a px-7 net search...brings back some memories.

B Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back