Choppin' In The 2000xl?

M

MoneyMakerzEnt.

I have a MPC2000xl and have jus been layin my drums down with it and have been choppin' my samples on pro tools. I hate choppin' the samples in pro tools so i was wondering if anyone had a 2000xl and chopps there samples in it to get advice so i can invest in upgrading the memory

you just load up the sample and decide how many pices you wanna make then just chop away by moving the start and end points of each piece. Its pretty easy once you learn it.

While its not the most powerful sampler in the world, its quite capable and easy to use. You can chop like bhunt says or you can use zones and the mpc will chop it ito upto 16 pieces and creat its on program for the sample

i chop in zone and place all the samples on pads forself instead of keeping alot of unwanteds letting create new pro on all 16.tell u one thing its alot better than that trash asrx i had. the mp is sick.i dont want nothing but the xl.

Yeah chopping samples on the xl is pretty straight forward just requires patience

ironbeatchef said:

That youtube link i posted is to that same video also.(yeah i know thats your vid.)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fjXlq4RQm7A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fjXlq4RQm7A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

thanks FP for showin some love! aight the next Q is how did you guys expand the memory on the 2000xl do i need to buy the 32MB SIMMs memory or are there othere options and where do i cop some memory like that

MoneyMakerzEnt. said:
thanks FP for showin some love! aight the next Q is how did you guys expand the memory on the 2000xl do i need to buy the 32MB SIMMs memory or are there othere options and where do i cop some memory like that

You will need to get two 16mb chips which can be found for da low on www.ebay.com I remember when i got both of my chips for my mpc2000 for 5 bucks shipped. So look around on there or someone around here may have some extra SIMMS laying around.

p.s. They are easy to install also. If you can install computer memory you can install the mpc's memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back