Chop and drums

Aist

When i chop my samples ( edit, F2[ convert to sliced samples], create new program: yes)
Everythink is ok when i sampling and have fun but when i try add some drums stuff on SS: sequence02. And play everythink at the same time drums or samples are cut off.
All drums and samples is on the same new created pgm. I hear whole song like the samples and drums are in the same group.

When you create a program through the "chop menu", the program is automatically set to mono (monophonic), this makes any sample in that program cut off the previously played sample. Since your drums are on this program they are conflicting with your samples and causing them to cut off. There are two ways to fix this:

1. The easiest way. Place your drums and sample (chops) in two separate programs.

or

2. Go into the Programs screen, hit PARAMS (F3 on a 2500, not sure if its any different on the 1000), set "Play" (in the top right corner) to "POLY", and set your individual pads' (in the program with your samples in it) "Voice Overlay" to "MONO", and set either Mute Group or Mute Targets for your pads.

Last edited:
Back