Can the mpc 4000 load mpc 2000xl .all and .aps files?

The mpc4000
reads S1000,S3000,S5/6000,MPC2000xl,Roland,E-mu formats MPC60/60II/ 3000 files with USB floppy drive.

So I think it does.

Last edited:
I don't mess with floppies anyway, but:

I have a 2000 xl right now and have lots of beats on it, I need to know if I sell my xl and get a 4000 will it load all my songs with no problem.

anyone know 100%?

thanks.

do you guys read before you type? i don't use floppies, anyway, that is irrelevant to my question.

MPC4000 transfer from 2000xl

I know for a fact that as of now you can only Partially transfer files from the 2000xl to the 4000. The catch is if you used the 16 level keymapping function while making your beats on the 2000xl they will not transfer accurately to the 4000 becuz the current OS for the 4000 does not include this function. Considering that the 16 level thang is probably one of the illest features on the MPC I dont know why they failed to include i ton the 4000. I have talked with their support dept. via emails and they say this update should be out sometime within the next 6 months. So basically as of now you CANNOT fully transfer beats from the 2000 to the 4000 UNLess you did not use the 16 level func to manipulate your samples.. Hope that helps .
One

i know that you can load your previous sequences but yeah it doesn't load up the 16 pads where you assigned your samples. so you got to basically figure out where you placed them again in your 4000.

but the problem i'm having is that when the 4000 plays my sequence back it plays my triton samples back the same way as I did it on the 2000, but it doesn't play back the sample I used the same way. the 4000 only plays back the sound when you hit the pad, so you hear the very intro of the sample but not the entire sample - as what it was in the 2000.

CAN YOU CHANGE THIS??? SO IT PLAYS THE ENTIRE SAMPLE ON PLAYBACK??? the only way you can hear the entire sample is if you hold down the pad.

Back