a bit of advice plz

biglag

Basically guys ive got a 2000xl, i know saving a beat is difficult without a daw or some sort of additional equipment. However my mate has a 5000 and i was wondering if i put my cf card into his could i load the beat there and save it as a wav? Also if its possible is there a certain way i need to save/load to do it?? cause i already find it doesn't always save properly on the cf card anyway on the xl.

any help is greatly appreciated.

It will save as long as you dont save samples with the same name (that will overwrite them).

I have no clue if you can do what you are asking, but can you describe the problem in your XL? cus I used to have one and never had any problems at all.

My 3000 works flawlessly with CF

Don't know why you think saving on the XL is hard but it's not.
Make a new folder with the name of the beat and save all seqs and sngs to that folder.As well
as all pgms and snds.That's the benefit of having the cf card,you don't have to use 20 floppies to save 1 beat anymore.
How to Use an Akai MPC Drum Machine : Saving Beats on an Akai MPC Drum Machine - YouTube

http://www.platinumaudiolab.com/free_stuff/manuals/Akai/akai_mpc2000xl_manual.pdf

As far as loading sounds to the 5000,it should be able to as long as it's 16bit and 44.1kHz,it
may not load the XL programs though.

Peace

Back