best orchestral sample disks for the $$

D

dj funkifize

So I got my sampler and it's awesome (as I said in the thread "Samplers ROCK!!!") and then I was looking at some sample disks. And they're mad expensive (as I said in my other thread).
So, before I spend a lot of $$ for a good orchestral sample set, i'd like to hear what you think is the best for the money.
I know the Miroslav Virtous orchestral selection is the "best" and Peter Sieldlacsjziojfaaelek's Advanced Orchestra is next.

But they're expensive. I can afford to get like just strings from the Pete's Advanced orchestra.
But what about any less expensive alternatives? But with good quality as well...
thanks

I would go all the way and get myself a sweeeet EMU VIRTUOSO 2000 sound module.. its SOOO good!

i published a review of this one on the site.. I don't own one but it's really a nice machine and I will probably get one in the future.

yeah, I know the Virtuoso is sweet. (remember all my questions back when I first got here? hehe :)) But I've decided to go the sampler route for my orchestral sounds. I've actually just won the Prosonus orchestral CD off ebay the other day. I heard it's really good. I'll post how it sounds when I get it.:D

Back