beat thang (probably old news)

say it terror

Beat Kangz Beat Thang Available July 17 For $1,500 » Synthtopia

so 1,500.

so finally. and 1,500. I personally have no interest in the product but wondering what people here think of it finally being out, the thing being sold exclusively at best buy (I'm not from america so I was wondering is this a suitable choice for such an expensive sampler), the price, etc...

it's more expensive than the octatrack, although of course it's not directly competing with it.

It should still come out to about $1,000 like they've been saying. That $1,500 is MSRP. I think it's kinda cool but I'll still believe it when I actually see it in the store. I think a lot of people are discounting it because of the way it is marketed but it definitely has potential. I think they'd do better if the price was lower just based on the lack of a track record.

They say it's "limited" to 1,000 units? Perhaps just a ploy to rope us in? Wtf is this "Beat Thang by Dallas Austin" crap? Sounds like they were going for broke and needed an investor. I'm leaning more toward the Maschine now.....damn Beat Kangz.....wtf is going on?

They say it's "limited" to 1,000 units? Perhaps just a ploy to rope us in? Wtf is this "Beat Thang by Dallas Austin" crap? Sounds like they were going for broke and needed an investor. I'm leaning more toward the Maschine now.....damn Beat Kangz.....wtf is going on?

I think so. I think it's just to draw attention and make it seem like it's hard to get. I've been more than happy with Maschine but it's different for everyone. YMMV

Most smaller companies like this do limited runs to analyze sales. For example look at Teenage Engineering's OP-1 or the modulars made by Chimera Synthesis.

I'm still going to try to get it if possible. It would be nice to have a portable, all in one, sequencer/sampler, with pads. I do like how they made it like an ASRX with the chromatic pads. The scratch feature via MOD wheel looks interesting also.

Back