Is Beat Thang dead?

Atabeats

Is it dead? I just found out about it and it seems to really fit my workflow, plus i like its a portable standalone. But theres like 2 auctions on ebay and 1 on amazon, whats up with it? Is it dead?

Hmm, don't really know. Some stores say it's "no longer available", some are still selling it. No firmware updates after 2013, afaik, They're regularly posting to Facebook, but it seems really random and mostly just rap & metal tracks instead of anything BT-related. The parent company site (bketech.com) doesn't open at all, which seems a bit odd...

That thing might be "dead".
Those machines did not get enough buzz and got discontinued not sure how long ago.

Although akais and rolands still have some notoriety left. mpc 1-5000 discontinued but seems like still in circulation somehow.

It got so thoroughly slated on release, I'm not sure it ever lived...

I think that one part of its failure was the truly hideous aesthetic design. They made what may or may not be a good piece of gear look like sci-fi-shite...

Their marketing strategy was also way off-point with some seriously cringey media... They didn't seam to know their market and got it badly wrong.

Haven't seen much from BeatKangz since so I assume they sunk a massive wad into it...

Shame - cos with some major aesthetic revisions; and a more mature marketing campaign it could do quite well...

yes....its very dead.... just pour out some henny for it yeserday night ... heard it died by bugs lls its crazy cause i was just using it and uninstalled it then next thing you know you get the news

Last edited:
Back