Beat Thang?

Spaceman_Ant

I know it's been out for a while...
But there limited videos besides the people behind it pushing it....
Was wondering if anyone here ever had hands on experience with it...
What did you think??

If not hands on...
What are your thoughts about it??

I've seen a few vids on it before but it just seemed kind of lame to me.
I don't know if it's the sounds or the person but it just seems like every beat i've heard using one seemed mad cheesy.The sequencing and editing might have improved with some updates but i don't know,just doesn't seem like a real solid piece of gear.
That's just my opinion though,i mean it might be dope i just haven't seen the video that would make me want to look into it further.

Peace

It looks great. I'm kind of torn between Beat Thang and the Kaossilator Pro. KP is less expensive, but for that much, you might as well go the extra mile.

On the other hand, BT has some innovative features, but it doesn't look that much different from the old MoPhatt unit...

I don't know. I've got to stop buying equipment soon...

GJ

On the other hand, BT has some innovative features, but it doesn't look that much different from the old MoPhatt unit...

I'd have to say that it is far ahead of the MP-7 (the desktop Mo'Phatt) as that was just a Mo'Phatt with a sequencer, pads and a few extra knobs; no sampling, which is what Beat Thang is suppose to be, the new generation sampler/sequencer/drum machine.

From the videos I've seen it looks dope, a few useless features, but still not enough to make me want to get one since I have an MPC, or even leave the software I use for it.

F**k no, lol. The promo was azz and seemed to target noobs tryin to jump in. IMO.

They fell short as f**k to Maschine. And I say that as an owner of Motu BPM who linked it to an MPC 20000xl, lol.

That ended with me using "Reason Only" just like Focus, lol. Not to be confused with the homie BigFoc who held it down.

everything i've read from users tells me this is a piece of **** in that it's buggy as hell and crashes all the time, and the company that makes it i guarantee goes under soon.

it went on the market at 1500, now it's 600, to me it seems they're desperately trying to recover some cash before they go out of business.

I've got one and i find that's a great machine , very usefull to make beat , the price was too high but at 600€ it was all good for me , and the last os works fine , i don't know if this is more bugged than a mpc 5000 or a renaissance :monkey:

I just got a Beat Thang a couple weeks ago.... I love it... I use it for only one function. I pop in a flash drive and load up my samples assign them to pads and that's it. I will either record live into Cubase or record a beat in the BKE and then into Cubase. The sample trim is very easy.

Why does it seem like everyone who defends this has less than 10 posts...

#jusSayin

Last edited:
Back