ASR X Pro crashing

LostProfit

does anyone else have an ASR that crashes from time to time?

My screen just freezes sometimes when I stop and start a song or sequence...

It really annoys me

I dont really have a proper set up at the moment but I image that Id just have to use the ASR as a rack sampler and maybe a simple groove sequencer (the chopping on it I love)...

Do you think using it that way would retain the sound of the ASR if I sequenced on software?

I know it should but I just imagine it sounding slightly different, I think I may be in love with the control and quantise settings you get with such machines

Im thinking of maybe getting a SP1200 or EPS as well...do they have smiliar problems with freezing or crashing?

Is there any way I could help the ASR?

thanks a lot for reading

Im a bit scared about opening it up...

how difficult would it be to check?

what exactly would I do? thanks so much...

agggh!!

Last edited:
Asr X The best sampler ever so far

You need info or sounds for the ASR X holla 919 532 4278. If there are any mpc cats that say this machine is a peice of nothing then chalenge me. I have a mpc 1000 with the JJ OS. I can use the X or the MP and I tell ya as far sampling the X has it beat. But if you know what to do you can get around those glitches that the X does. Ensoniq tried to out do ASR 10 and they did but forgot about the sequencer. But that ok it still the mpc. If you have a mpc midi them both and you have a monster. Or any other sequencer for that matter

how much different is the ASRx sequencer than the other ensoniq sequencers. most of them arent the greatest tho i love the sequencer on my eps. the asrx freezing thing scares me tho kuz i was considering upgrading to one instead of using the eps and cd3000

if you smoke around that thing it will start to crash,your gonna have to open it up and blow it out ..i pulled a dust bunny the size of a baseball out of mine and it stopped crashing once it could get air in

Xabiton said:
how much different is the ASRx sequencer than the other ensoniq sequencers. most of them arent the greatest tho i love the sequencer on my eps. the asrx freezing thing scares me tho kuz i was considering upgrading to one instead of using the eps and cd3000

i had em all and the ASR-X has the worse sequencer,the EPS and ASR 10 is way better ...but if you know what your doing ,the ASR-X is the SH_T ! you just need to use it with software to do the sequencing ,i was dumb (trying to be like everybody els) ..i traded mine in for a Triton and that thing was even worse then the X ..so if you got one KEEP IT !

Last edited by a moderator:
Xabiton said:
Dude the machine is hot if you can get and just sync to another sequencer. I do not know what happened to the x. The vocabulary used is the same kind of. The asr 10 sequencer is tight like a mpc or any other machine other than the x. You will be xtra happy just do not sequence with it. Samplers dream come true.

EASWOOD said:
if you smoke around that thing it will start to crash,your gonna have to open it up and blow it out ..i pulled a dust bunny the size of a baseball out of mine and it stopped crashing once it could get air in

Thanks, I will try this.

Though I haven't had the problem as of recently...it seems to be behaving okay. And I've been running it for longer times smh..

So I dont know.

EASWOOD said:

i had em all and the ASR-X has the worse sequencer,the EPS and ASR 10 is way better ...but if you know what your doing ,the ASR-X is the SH_T ! you just need to use it with software to do the sequencing ,i was dumb (trying to be like everybody els) ..i traded mine in for a Triton and that thing was even worse then the X ..so if you got one KEEP IT !
my question was how is it different tho not is it any better or worse

Xabiton said:
my question was how is it different tho not is it any better or worse

the EPS sequencer is very smooth / the ASR-x sequencer is very stiff ..
the EPS does what you want it to do, if you use samples or not and it does not matter what beat or bar your on. with the ASR-X when you transition from 1 sequence to the next,you can hear it jump..and its really bad if you have a sample that doesent end before the next sequence starts..(like if you want the sample to overlap ) also the mutes and solos are not smooth (you cant just put them where you want them) they have to be on beat..the only work around this is to link all your sequences and build a song,then it will play back smooth ..but thats to much work if you want to play live (i like to just hit sequence2 when i want sequence2 or sequence6 when i want sequence6) DONT GET ME WRONG ,even tho i give it a bad review .i still want mine back:cry:

Back