ASR X Pro/ASR-10

Prophacy

What up FP...it's been years since I've been on here. Anyhow...I just picked up an ASR X PRO and plan to buy the ASR 10( just because I wanted it long ago), are the floppy disk interchangeable...will an ASR X/ PRO disk work with the Asr 10 or any of the other keyboards?

Never had an ENSONIQ machine before so I'm asking if anyone can enlighten me before I purchase all these floppy disk.

Thanks in advance!

Converting ASR-10 formatted floppy disks to another sampler

Greetings to all fellow future producers :hello:. I've been going on this site for a long time now but I've finally decided to make an account. This is my first post so please don't judge me. I have a shit ton of floppy disks that are formatted for the ASR-10 but recently I bought an EPS16+. I've been wondering if there is any possible way I can convert these disks to work on an EPS16+ or an MPC. Is this possible?

What up FP...it's been years since I've been on here. Anyhow...I just picked up an ASR X PRO and plan to buy the ASR 10( just because I wanted it long ago), are the floppy disk interchangeable...will an ASR X/ PRO disk work with the Asr 10 or any of the other keyboards?

Never had an ENSONIQ machine before so I'm asking if anyone can enlighten me before I purchase all these floppy disk.
x

Thanks in advance!
From Syntaur,com...
"The ASR-X Pro should load and translate sample disks from the Ensoniq ASR-10, EPS, and EPS-16 Plus without any trouble - though frequently patch selects and other programming do not translate perfectly. The ASR-X will translate these sounds as well, but only if you are running the correct Operating System. OS version 1.1 allowed the ASR-X to read ASR-10 HD floppy disks, but not EPS or EPS-16 Plus double-density disks. OS 2.55 or higher enables the ASR-X to read double-density EPS and EPS-16 Plus disks."

Last edited:
Greetings to all fellow future producers :hello:. I've been going on this site for a long time now but I've finally decided to make an account. This is my first post so please don't judge me. I have a shit ton of floppy disks that are formatted for the ASR-10 but recently I bought an EPS16+. I've been wondering if there is any possible way I can convert these disks to work on an EPS16+ or an MPC. Is this possible?

The ASR disks will work on an EPS. You'll need a program like "Translator" to change the ASR files to Akai MPC files (SND or WAV).

Back