ASR 10 Questions, could use some feedback from those who know

JB808

So I got an asr 10 about a week ago, and I'm trying to learn the thing. Making good progress I just have a few questions for the community that I've been struggling to find for myself via trial and error or the manual/internet. I know everyone's chomping at the bit to flex their manual ego but when I try to sift through that thing it might as well be in mandarin chinese because im getting nothing from it. If you can answer my questions directly, and not refer me elsewhere, then please do so. Much appreciated.

When I make a sequence with more than one instrument and say I hate the drum pattern on instrument two but love the sample chops on the first instrument, how do I delete the sequence only for the second one? I know how to delete a sequence but that clears it for all the instruments.

Another related question, how can I delete certain notes within an instrument from a sequence? By this I mean, if the hi hat and snare sound dope but the kick is wack how can i just get rid of the kick and keep the others? also, if theres one drum hit in the pattern thats out of place is there any way to remove it?

If i have an instrument with a few drum sounds and i want to put some extra cymbals on their for instance is there anyway to add them into the instrument that already exists? because having to have percussion spread to different instruments is really inconvenient.

Can i trigger more than one sound with a single key? ie. layering drums.

Can i copy a sequence from one instrument to another without copying the sounds in the instrument?

I realize this is a lot but if I could get some help on any of these it would be really beneficial for me. Thanks in advance if youre a bro whose down to hook it up for another bro. **** you in advance if all you have to say is read the manual.

If you want to keep the chops but get rid of the drums, why not just go to the instrument with the drums on it and just go into replace mode in the pattern record mode and re-record the drums. That should do it. Peace be with you........Rob Mixx

Back