Anyone successfully synced up there MPC 4000 as Master and Logic as the Slave?

finatikbeats

hey guys, i currently have my mpc 4000 set up with logic pro 8 and use a focusrite as my midi interface.
I do all my sequencing on the mpc and have it set up so i can trigger logic synths using my midi keyboard and record and sequence all on the mpc but just use logic for effects, synths etc etc

I also have my my mpc slaved using midi time code to my production partners set up and he uses cubase on a mac so it makes the work flow faster (that way we can work on the same sequence at the same time on separate set ups) and when i hit play or stop on the mpc it triggers cubase all in perfect sync without a glitch.

I am currently trying to also have set up on top of all that is to have Logic play in sync with the mpc, the reason why this would be perfect is because using effectrix and sound toys effects they all are triggered based on the playback and bpm in logic.

I have tried for days on end researching every forum or youtube video to have this set up, the closest i have come to having this working is by using midi machine control from the mpc which plays logic back but logic plays around half a second late than the mpc. i have tried messing with the settings in logic but still no luck ( i tried all the setting changes recommended on other forums) and i have both frame rates matching.

I also came close using midi time code which plays perfectly on time but it takes 2 bars to trigger logic and to play on time with the mpc. If anyone out there has worked there way around this and has there mpc as the master and logic as the slave your help be much appreciated, i would be happy to return in the favor in samples, drums or even $ ( that is how much i really i need to have this set up)

It is a must that i have the MPC as the master and not the slave as the mpc is the main workstation with all of my equipment.

Really hoping to hear from someone with a similar set up!

Cheers

Back