Anyone else disappointed with the sequencing capabilities of the MPC 2000 (not XL) ?

What is your point? My point was if you still favor a large hardware setup. You just mentioned your Reason/Record setup. I am talking about those people who have a rack of modules, or 2 and 3 tier keyboard stands, etc. You aren't probably using Reason to sequence all your other gear. My point is that a lot of people don't have a room full of hardware all controlled by Sonar/Cubase etc. I have done that plot and it does work, but the MPC is much faster and easier to route in that aspect, at least to me.

Now, part 2. I said if you play live, and really I mean more in a band situation and not DJ. If you DJ, then yeah, you might be rocking Ableton and triggering scenes to your heart's content. I won't lie, I have been to recent concerts and saw laptops on stage triggering sequences, but I also see MPC's still in use on stage, especially with the drummer or percussion.
i still have my 3 tier keyboard stand lol. i at one point had 3 boards remember. then i sold my xp 30 around christmas and i dont miss it a bit then again i never have except for the wah guitars those were the only sound in it that i used in it really

i still have my 3 tier keyboard stand lol. i at one point had 3 boards remember. then i sold my xp 30 around christmas and i dont miss it a bit then again i never have except for the wah guitars those were the only sound in it that i used in it really

Exactly, the point is that you don't really rock your hardware much anymore, therefore the MPC is not for you anyway.

I got my MPC 2000 3 days ago, but the hi-hat thing was one aspect I was wondering. After experimenting, since i have no manual in-hand, if you go to the main screen and click the "Erase" button, you can actually erase a single pad in a segment of your sequence. Just punch in what pad you want to remove, and adjust the timing of the bars from 001.01 - 002.02 or however long you please. Its a simple machine, but theres tons of features you've just got to uncover by experimenting and exploring.
After hearing what others have to say on here, I'm going to begin applying the drums in their own separate tracks.

Hope it helps.

Back