Anyone else disappointed with the sequencing capabilities of the MPC 2000 (not XL) ?

G

gnr2206

When i bought it i thought it would be really good but it really isnt as good as i thought it would be

Firstly, you can make individual tracks into one main song. Which means that if you dont like the hi hat in the song you have to start all again which is really annoying.

Unless there's something i dunno about the MPC 2000's sequencing, id say im disappointed.

How does Kanye make hits which such a bad sequencer or could anyone help me to sequence better on the MPC 2000?

Many MPC users program 1 drum sound per track, try that for starters. It gives you more control over the sequence and makes your editing and tracking process much more manageable. The sequencer is not intricate, but its robust enough to get get your beats down.

i was going to ask the same thing. why would you put all sounds in one track? i SOMETIMES track my kicks and snare on track on one track, then copt and paste that to track 2 then i go to the the step sequencer and delete all the snare hits on track 1 and then all the kicks on track 2. but i only do this when i am banging out a beat that required me to use 2 hands. but i always track my my sounds individually both in mpc and tracked out into daw

learn your machine and remember an mpc ain't gonna make beats for you. why you get one anyway? going the software route would have been a lot cheaper and you would get a lot more features.

I've done the software route first and honestly. I love the mpc way. I dont need a single program open but cakewalk or protools and thats it. Just my DAW. Track my beats in and then record. No mouse for producing at all. I might just for for different workflow get a maschine since you dont need a mouse for that.

I should have made myself more clear, apologies. What I meant to say was that when I make a track on let's say the computer, I can edit, solo and delete parts of a beat that I done want. Also, on the MPC, all the sounds are bunched together to make one track; unlike on the MPC 2000 xl,where you can individually make single tracks into one beat,allowing for more intricate sequencing. Don't get Me wrong, the sound from it is amazing but the sequencing leaves alot to be desired IMO. The reason I bought it was because it was cheap and I knew the sound would be awesome. Could anyone recommend a good intrcate sequencer (that isn't too expensive) ? That I can use solely for sequencing? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The mpc sequencer has to be the easiest and best sequencer in the world. How can you not do what you need to do? The mpc 2000 & 2000xl sequencer is the exact same. You should read the manual. Ask or say exactly what you are trying to do. You would be surprised what you may find out.

lol imo there is no best you could argue that pc sequencing is a lot more flexible I do like how you can input notes and never have to worry about editing because its generally just right when u program into the mpc

the mpc 2000 sequencer is so easy even a cave mane can do it. record bang out and then jog wheel to the next track. use track mutes or solo when tracking out ur sounds so only record the bass kick or snare and so forth

I'm fairly new to the mpc so don't own me ha. I must have been sequencing complety wrong. The question I want an answer to so is this ; can I play track 1 and track 2 and track 3 together? If so then I can own with this machine ha

what the hell have u been doing with that mpc, that you would even need to ask tha hahahaha. sorry brah but that is a pretty obvious question. hit record o track 1 when done jog wheel to track 3 hit record when done done recording track 3 hit play done it all plays. use track mutes and solos to play and mix. but yeah send that mpc to me cuz my 9 year old son needs one and even he can sequence on it. i think u havent earned ur belt yet young grasshopper. lol

MPC sequencer is pretty simple and robust enough. I have used many hardware sequencers, from Korg, Yamaha, Roland, MPC, EMU command station, etc. The MPC is a good sequencer. I think it is probably my favorite box type, EMU command station a close second ,Korg keyboards probably the easiest/favorite among keyboad sequencers.

what the hell have u been doing with that mpc, that you would even need to ask tha hahahaha. sorry brah but that is a pretty obvious question. hit record o track 1 when done jog wheel to track 3 hit record when done done recording track 3 hit play done it all plays. use track mutes and solos to play and mix. but yeah send that mpc to me cuz my 9 year old son needs one and even he can sequence on it. i think u havent earned ur belt yet young grasshopper. lol

i turned on my MPC last night and got it to sequence like ye all said. The sequencer is excellent, i am surprised.

Aplolgies for the question lol.

Ive only had it for 2 days.. . .

Back