Another MPC post...

D

drez

is the mpc worth the cash....im into makin hip hop music and it would basically complete my studio i have the money to spend on it...but is there a better sampler/sequencer out there???

get the mpc

Yo man if u into making hip hop beats, were you wanna sample and make dope *** drums, then the Mpc is good for ya, i got one like 2 weeks ago and im loving it, its dope as hell, im down in cali san francisco, and alot of folks down here dont use em cuz they into the computer keyboard style of beat making, so ya, i suggest if you wanna make some dope hip hop beats, then this is ya answer to ya prayers, Sequencer, Sampler, = dope....

Holla.........

Peace

Dj Flamez

aiight ....yeah im pretty sure its what im gettin.....did you add any memory to it or anything???

mpc vs. SU700

i'm lookin to get a sampler soon and i've pretty much narrowed it down to the mpc2000xl and the SU700. i make triphop/hiphop and a little jungle. i want something that i can use live as well as in the studio. i heard the SU700 isn't the best for live and was wonders, for either, how realistic is it that i could play a set with one and let's say a turntable. like if i was mixing back and forth. basically how much can i load into these samplers? am i gonna be juggling disks?

i was also wondering if the 700's drum programming can compare with the the mpc's. most of my stuff is drum oriented. what would i be getting for the price diffrence between these two? sorry for the long post.

The great machine!!!

I have two MPC3000,I think that sound is solid !very easy use !I making house,trip hop and more style dance music with my two babys!

for hip hop the mpc rule,most of my friends who make hip hop swear by them adn wouldnt use anything else.
think more carefully if you are making something else though but for hip hop...yes

mpc is all you need

all you need is tha mpc2000xl. if you max out the memory and get the 8 outs--- that's the best budget way to produce professional hip hop.

everything else is minor leauge

-peace-
chronos

Get the SU700

I own the SU700 and the blue beast rocks.I would`nt rely on it for live use.Even with a zip drive it is slow as hell.Other than that,it is dope!!! Out the box it has all the effects and 4megs of memory,which is twice the MPC memory out the box.You can get one for under $700 dollars new.The MPC is a better Midi controller than the SU,but if you `re not a midi user like myself,you won`t care too much about that.Check out SU 700.com for all the info first.Like I said, I own it and I`m totally satisfied with it.It`s mad easy to use,plus you can sample at different rates so you can get that gritty lo res sound or that CD quality sound.Even if I had money for a new sampler ,I wouldn`t replace my blue baby.I hope I make it in the music game so I can put the SU700 on the industrie`s map.You know damn well if Timbaland or Primo used the SU,every body and their mother would be busting their hindparts to own one,then the price would jump up to $1200 which was what I paid when it first came out.peace:monkey:

i got my mpc already and i love it -=)....now i gotta question....is there a way to lower the sample bitrate?....

(i didnt want to make a entirley new thread but if nobody replies here then i will)

i was wondering how long it was gonna be b4 science big upped the su700... :D ... what up science..

if u bought the xl model u can resample....
u cant sample something at a lower rate...
from the trim loop zone screen ... go to snd and press open window ... go to convert and select resample ...

or go to page 97 in ur manual .... hope this helps dogg

trea

how long does resampling take?? im re sampling to 8 bit on low quality and its been sittin there saying "resampling sound1" forever

Back