Am I making the right move? (MPC2000XL & RS-5)

K

Kazz -UK-

1st off.... last week i got my hands on a secondhand MPC2000XL in mint condition for £600 ($800)... i still havn't set it up to use it.... but after reading some messages on this board, it seems like i done a big :eek: mistake? someone please tell me if it was worth buying the MPC2000XL for £600!!

now, for the sounds, i was thinking of going with the Roland XV3080, coz my mate used to have it and the sounds on it are the kinda sounds I'm after..... now my pockets ain't that big at the moment... i can only afford to spend another $800 (£600) so i thought of going with the Roland RS-5 (£599 brand new)... does anyone know if that's a good synth and if i should go with that or any other suggestions?? i don't have a midi keyboard controller yet, so if i bought the RS-5 i'd save myself £150... but if i buy a rack synth i'd prolly need to get a midi controller too... blah. :confused:

any help would be appreciated... :cheers:

(BTW, the reason i havn't bought hardware sampler/synth until now is because i'm pretty happy with the software synths/samplers i've got at the moment.... but if we switch back to reality, we all know that a (solo) PC aint' capable to produce radio-friendy tracks.... or suitable for gigging.....)

the MPC is a great machine and it's got alot of build in sounds. You'll also be able to sample up to 30 megs of sound I believe.
So for the moment it'll be all you need. Then later you could buy an extra synth, a Yamaha CS6X, a Supernova I (mmmmmm....), whatever...
For now, just get your feeling with this machine and earn some money for some better gear than the RS-5

Back