Akai S3000XL and zip drive problems

O

Olivaffair

I have recently purchased a Akai S3000XL and a Iomega parallel port 250mb zip drive. The problem occurs when i boot up akai with the zip connected via scsi, akai says"waiting for hard disk ready..." and freezes. I have checked manuals for both Akai and zip but to no avail so any advice or help would be well recieved, Cheers Olivaffair.

I think you should check your SCSI ID and termination... that's boring computer stuff but it has to be OK if you want your two scsi devices to work together.

Everything is explained here : Akai SCSI FAQ

Thanks for the help friend but i think i've sorted now. I was trying to use the latest type of zip (parallel port) with the sampler when i should of been using the old SCSI type.... anyway thanks again, Olivaffair.

Akai s3000xl HELP!

Thanks for the help friend but i think i've sorted now. I was trying to use the latest type of zip (parallel port) with the sampler when i should of been using the old SCSI type.... anyway thanks again, Olivaffair.

Just bought a Zip 250 drive on Ebay. Did you need any adaptor to convert to Scsi or did you locate a Parallel port on your s3000?

You need a SCSI Zip drive as opposed to a parallel port Zip drive, however buying the wrong Zip drive is not all bad because you might be able to use the mechanical guts of a parallel port Zip drive as spare parts for a SCSI Zip drive should it decide to fail in future.

Back