akai MPC4000 vs. MPC2000/ 2000XL

A

akb77

i'm not sure if this has been asked before, but is the MPC4000 that much better than the MPC2000? Does it completely eclipse the MPC2000 in terms of features, or is it just more expensive cuz of more capability? I was just wonderin cuz i dont really hear people talk about it much and i wanted to know if was worth getting over the 2000. thanks in advance

The MPC 4000 has the MPC sequencer plus a full sampler, also you can record guitar and vocals.On the other hand the 2000XL has a very limited sampler.

can do more with a decent powerful computer.. set up templates to makes things go faster...and have a workflow...together...

If you want to make beats along the lines of Premo, Pete Rock, Alchemist, 9th wonder, ect, then ANY mpc, or for that matter any sampling/sequencing methods be it hardware or software will do the trick.
mpc500, or 5000......or FL, a beat with chopped samples using the approach of the afore mentioned producers will yield basically the same results.

Now of course the bigger models have more options, and more filters, but to do the basics, the all have it.

If you want to make beats along the lines of Premo, Pete Rock, Alchemist, 9th wonder, ect, then ANY mpc, or for that matter any sampling/sequencing methods be it hardware or software will do the trick.
mpc500, or 5000......or FL, a beat with chopped samples using the approach of the afore mentioned producers will yield basically the same results.

Now of course the bigger models have more options, and more filters, but to do the basics, the all have it.

Yeah, but whatever happened with being original? Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

(Apart from the fact that most really can't despite all the gear in the world, but they'll usually find out sooner or later.)

A an alternative between the 2000 (and xl) and 4000 you may find useufl could be the 2500, it's basically an more efficient, more capable 2000xl with a lot more features. The 4000 is a little dated (that is a very relative word, as these machines really have long lasting value), and the 2500 is a great machine.

A an alternative between the 2000 (and xl) and 4000 you may find useufl could be the 2500, it's basically an more efficient, more capable 2000xl with a lot more features. The 4000 is a little dated (that is a very relative word, as these machines really have long lasting value), and the 2500 is a great machine.

You're wrong in your assumption that it's dated in a technological sense. The 4000 has a good couple of features you won't find on any other MPC, but it does have certain flaws or limitations if you will.

If you're prepared to shell out money for an MPC 2500, you're really better off with the MV-8800 instead which currently is being sold for less.

**** a plastic 2500, your probly never gonna get ya mitts on a 4000, so just buy a 2000xl, and yes an xl not a 2000, xl has time stretch and seperate folders for saving plus other advantages.

lol a 2500 is probably going to be your best bet...if you wanna save some cash go with the 2000xl. there's a minority of people that will use the 4000 for what it was intended for.

Back