Akai MPC vs sampling in Logic, advice needed

eternalist

Hi, I was surprised to see so many topics that were similar to mine and please forgive me if I'm being redundant. My situation is this...I honed my sampling/beat making skills on an Akai 2000 xl. I spent many years with this machine and was very content. I was a complete master at chopping samples and creating songs/sequences on the 2000. I loved it and some of my best work was with that machine. Then I decided to get a 4000 plus and was dissapointed and frustrated at the slightly different workflow / OS design and I never really learned any of those fancy features lacking on the 2000. I never really did much work with it before due to some financial difficulties I had to sell both samplers. So lately I've been getting a new setup. I had never used computers for creating music, just for recording but now I've got Logic studio and have been using the sampler in it. I'm pretty happy with it and I'm learning quickly. My question is this...Right now I'm using an MPK-49 to trigger all my samples in logic and I'm wondering what advantages there would be to buying another MPC? Perhaps another 2000 xl? It seems that there may be MORE advantages to using logic in terms of sample manipulation, etc. I know that the pads on the MPK are supposed to be weak but they are satisfactory for me so that is not an issue right now. However, I miss the quickness of playing a record and sampling it quickly and then arranging quickly on the ol' MPC. So minus the pads and my preference for the simplicity of the 2000 xl are there any advantages/capabilities that the MPC has that LOGIC doesn't? I don't really have a ton of cash to spend and if Logic will suffice I'd like to continue using it and maybe buy another MPC down the road.

THANKS FOR READING THIS LONGWINDED MESSAGE! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Ben

Back