Akai MPC 60 questions

SUPERBANANABOMB

I recently picked up a MPC 60 (v1) from eBay and although everything seems to be fine, several of the buttons seem to be non-functional - specifically several of the numeric buttons and also my record / overdub buttons. Also, the transport buttons seem to do absolutely nothing other than the locate button in the center. When I first got it, many of the buttons did not work. I took the board out and cleaned the switches with alcohol and a Q-tip, which fixed the problem for most of them. However, there's still a few that simply won't work. They aren't sticking and feel "clicky," so am I just screwed? Should I take the board out again and give it another cleaning? Do replacement boards ever pop up? The only numeric button that I can seem to get to work is "1," so I have at least been able to sample some sounds and verify that everything else is more or less functional, however I can't save anything, nor can I record and sequences because, like I mentioned, the record buttons seem to do nothing at all.

Figure that machine is 40 years old but no you are not screwed you can definitely find plenty of places that still work on mpc's even the badass 60! Check the akai forums to see they reccomend for the repairs mpfforums.com

Back