Ableton PUSH vs Novation Launchpad....???

Chew_Bear

A software sequencer integration/workflow is very important to me. Making drum beats and making sure they are in-sync is very crucial for me at the stage where I am at with my beats as I am still a newbie and learning.

A step sequencer really helps me out on my rhythm and I can 'logically' figure out where each instrument needs to go in the sequence.

Lots of people saying the Push is way over priced and that a Novation Launchpad can still hold its own regarding workflow and features inside Ableton, all while being smaller and cheaper too.

Can a Novation Launchpad/Launchpad Pro provide me a "GOOD" software step sequencer solution....??? Or should I get the Ableton Push controller of which already has a built-in step sequencer...???

I just figured it would probably be best for me to get the PUSH for the built-in step sequencer...but am also trying to see If I can save a little money by going with a Launchpad instead.

Not an Ableton fan myself but my understanding is that the Push goes far deeper into the software than LaunchPad does... You're paying for that depth IMO

Yeah, Push is more or less a physical version of Live's interface, whereas Launchpad is a more generic clip grid solution that'll take some custom scripts to get where you want it to go. Push isn't an end-all solution, but it's very good at what it does & gets you off the computer.

Back