hey...
i finally got my a3000(v1:()
now that im back from china i had it sent to me
its really confusing to me!
i havent bought a scsi card yet
and i cant seem to control it via midi with computer
it says "!ERROR: MIDI RECEIVE ERROR."
i switched the in and out plugs and it doesnt detect any midi comming into it

i havent had the chance to try it with my rm1x directly to see if its just this computer ****ing up
(i have the rm1x power adapter on special order gotta wait a couple weeks *Baaah!*)

so does anyone have a a3000?
is there any good documentation or tutorials or anything for it? cuz i find it pretty confusing to start out with even tho its probably one of the easier ones to use

i bought it used without any documentation...
i downloaded the manual online but it didnt seem really helpful in Teaching me
anyway
thanks guys
-me

I got an A4000 which is fairly similar, and haven't had the problems you're having, but;

Simple things first, makes sure the midi out of your pc goes to the midi in of the a3k only and that the a3k is setup to look at the incoming signal (i.e. the midi clock of the pc) This is all explained on the manual.

Make sure your sequencer (cubase, whatever) isn't filtering out required midi controller messages like note on/off etc, check under midi config' menu usually or something similar
If none of this works then try and contact a guy called Jay Vaughn on www.teklab.com (if it's still running), this was an a3k forum site run by Jay so you should get an answer from there.
I'd strongly suggest reading the manual though on the a3k as i know it's not the most intuitive piece of kit if you've never used samplers b4.
Rich.

Back