1000 or 2500??

LondonUK

Whats good people,

I have the money saved up to get a second hand mpc.

an mpc 1000 i can get for around 350pound which is $540

or i have an opportunity to pick up an mpc 2500 for 500pound = $790

I just wanted to get some feedback from some mpc/music production heads before i go and make my decision. I would be a beginner on the mpc, I have seen alot of people saying 'dont jump straight in' or 'mpcs are not for everybody' but I'm gonna take a risk and try out one of these. If you could let me know what you thinks the better of the two and why I'd be very grateful.

any feedback will be appreciated

Thanks.

imo,i would say 2500.Not to say there is anything wrong with a 1000,i had one.The 2500 has bigger pads,larger processor & seems more "robust".Add jjosxl with the tilting screen,& you have a nice piece that will grow with you.I also like the fact that it has 4 midi outs,i always wanted more outs when i had a 2000xl\1000.Neither will dissapoint,but my advice is to go with the 2500,but what ever one you choose do yourself a favor & get jjos.It takes the mpc to a whole new level.

I would get the 2500, i have the 2500 and it is pretty good. The 1000 with JJOS can do most of the same things, but the 2500 has better pads, 4 midi outs, etc

I was going to say go with the 1000 but at that price.......2500.I mean both are solid but for a few hundred more you'll have the Q-link,tilt screen,2 MIDI inputs,4 MIDI outputs,the ability to assign a different program on each track and (80gb i think is standard)hard drive or cd drive.......so yeah,2500.

Peace.

Thanks for your time people, I'm still trying to decide as it would be my first piece of hardware and i would like to upgrade my monitors and pc monitor things like that....keep the debate open tho mpc 1000 or mpc 2500?

again i appreciate the feedback

@ tartracks? larger processor? what are you talking bout? im pretty sure they run the same processor just different os and basically different hardware...I've used both...i own a 2500. personally, if you gone get the jj os...i dont think it matters...and y not just get the 1000k and buy more shit...assuming u dont have the basics already covered...what exactly are you trying to do on a 2500 that you dont think the 1000 can do? that should be the deciding factor, because if u just buying on preference...they really are damn near the same machine...

@kon.Well if you read over @ Mpc forums you'll see that some
1000 users are having lag issues with there machine,on some
Functions.I had a 1000 & have a 2500.They are not the same.

I own a 2500 and have used my cousin's 1000 quite a few times. With the original Akai OS, I don't see MANY differences in the machine other that physical features (smaller pads, less Q-Links, etc.), less outputs (both MIDI and assignable outs), the Input Thru feature, and the CD drive. But when you start getting into JJ OS, which we're both running on our machines, its gets a little different. From the free versions, from what I've noticed, JJ OS for the 1000 gives you features of the Akai OS on the 2500, while JJ OS on the 2500 gives you some of the features of the 5000 (more with the paid version).

I don't see too many differences between the machines, other than what I listed above, but for the money you can get them for I'd say go with the 2500.

and (80gb i think is standard)hard drive or cd drive.......so yeah,2500.

I have a 160GB hard drive in my 2500 right now and its working with no problems.

I have a 160GB hard drive in my 2500 right now and its working with no problems.

I figured you could install a bigger drive but i thought it came with 80 but,either way,you have an internal and that's definitely a plus.

Peace.

I figured you could install a bigger drive but i thought it came with 80 but,either way,you have an internal and that's definitely a plus.

Peace.

I think the only one that came with a hard drive is the 2500SE (the white one). The original 2500 didn't come with any of the upgrades installed (hard drive, CD/DVD drive, RAM expansion).

lots of good input here..not much differences. i was just in the same position a couple months ago. went with the 2500 and am glad i did! aesthetically its better than the 1000 as well

Back