Scarlett 2i4 Mic Preamps Sucks

ManuelMateus

I have one Scarlett 2i4 as audio interface purchased new,I have done my recordings with it. Some days ago bought on ebay a used focusrite platinium penta stereo compressor, because i whant to try diferent preaps and have a hardware compressor.
Today I made some tests
I conect the penta output to the Scarlett input (bypassing the Scarlett 2i4 preamps) using the same mic at the same position i record some acustic guitar, I WAS SHOCKED the sound of the penta was much more like what I heard with my ears, when did the A /B test between the guitar record with the scarlett preamps and the penta preamps the scalett sound so cheap, so artificial that even I became depressed, I have been using just the scalett for 3 years and i never was happy with the sound, I thought it was me, I thought it was the microphone, people say that the scalett have a great preamps, BUT IS FALSE ITS a LIE,
I have some noise problems with the penta, probably some cables issue and some volume output problems between the scalett and the penta but i will try to make some samples so you can hear,

it does not make much sense to me, usb cable transmits data, zeros and ones, not sound waves. and the problem is recording with the preamps, I play songs and videos and it sounds ok

Last edited:
I have a similar problem where in the daw it only changes volume if I use the knob on the device directly and it is louder but playing back audio/video not in a daw it sounds normal and lower, that's the issue you have where you have to turn the knob way down in a daw that uses asio/asio4all?
If not then I have no clue either.

Back