Running FL Studio on mac

MASAMUNE

Here's my situation:

I am a producer/DJ who uses Traktor and Fl studio (I used ableton before but i prefer fl studio). I currently dont run FL on my mac, so im not sure how well it works through bootcamp but i hear it works fine. Given these circumstances I'm purchasing a macbook pro, to run traktor thru apple OSX and FL through bootcamp.

I have to choose between the following:
[h=3]Macbook 13" 2015
2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage

or...

Macbook 15" 2015
2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage[/h]I know I should get the 15" but it's more expensive. I'm just wondering how well running fl on bootcamp would be on a dual core than a quad core. Is there much of a difference? Is a dual core doable?

And what difference does the RAM make?

Bootcamp isn't a Windows emulator - it's just a boot selector, so it's not "Windows on a Mac"; it's just Windows. FL will run on it just as it would on "regular" PC hardware, because that's exactly what it is :)

I'd go for the 15" laptop if at all possible - I mean, the i5/8Gb setup is gonna be just fine and workable but - especially if you're gonna be using a lot of plugins - there's gonna be a difference.

If so, then I would prefert your 2nd option i.e.

Macbook 15" 2015
2.2GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage

Thanks for your input everyone :) I have actually got enough money to buy the 15" mac. I'll let you guys know how well it works.

I'm not sure 256GB will be enough...I recommend you max out everything. It will be more useful in the longterm

256Gbs is well workable - as long as you don't use it for storage. Put your samples/project files/everything else that'll eventually add onto an external & it'll be just fine.

I can't disagree with that. Its just, Apple's SSD in the 2015 rMBP are insanely fast. They are more capable of running sound libraries than the majority of other SSDs today. I have an aftermarket 1TB OWC SSD in my early 2013 rMBP running Komplete 10 Ultimate and other libraries internally with no hiccups. The 2015 model is more than 2x faster. Its a much better scenario for portability if affordable to swap the drive.

Back