reverb and delay effects to use with x0xb0x?

Grass

What hardware reverb/delay effects compliment the x0xb0x well for making some spacy acid jams/ psytrance? :p
Should i go with some pedals or look into fx processors? which ones? :cheers:

The good ol' Space Echo always works...but of course, they're starting to be a bit on the expensive side (unless you settle for the digital recreation, which is - imo - not bad at all). The Eventide Timefactor & Strymon's Timeline are both "pedals" that are crossing over into the "studio fx" territory, in both sound quality and versatility. Worth looking into.

Then again, pretty much any delay is nice with a 303 - you just gotta find something that suits your style. I've been using a combination of the Ibanez AD100 & some plugins (mainly Audiodamage's Dubstation) with my Bassline3.

You can probably get a used or NOS Alesis Nano- or Pico-Verb for $100 or less online. The old Boss 1/2 rack units are pretty decent too. Perhaps any one of the ART or Digi-Tech rackmount units. Or just about any decent guitar pedal you want to try. But I think in many cases you'll find the "studio" units mentioned above to be more economical (and probably more versatile) than the modern foot-pedal fx.

You might want to consider a distortion pedal with your 303 clone as well...

GJ

Back