restarter package MIDI

imoortal

been out of the loop for a few years because of work restraints. Really want to restart my music grind. Have an IMac from 2010. Want to replace LOGIC 9 with newer version of Pro Tools. Also have a prospect to buy an old Fantom X6 at a good price. Not the newest piece from Roland but it fits my taste (plus i don't care for the stripped models from the FA series). Will there be a problem synching up the Fantom to the no PT protocol? if so how do i get thru this? Thanx in advance and thanx for reading

MIDI is MIDI and has barely changed from the original spec except to add features that older machines can ignore (MIDI Machine Control, MIDI File Standard, etc)

so the only limitation to expect is whether you can hook up a MIDI device to your mac - an interface should take care of that for you

Last edited:
so the only limitation to expect is whether you can hook up a MIDI device to your mac - an interface should take care of that for you

Or just the built-in USB. The drivers apparently still work, even though they're pretty old (and the file transfer side of things is class compliant).

Back