Question about soundcards ...

MrMikiBeats

Hey wus up. I understand that i can't make quality beats with my stock laptops soundcard. So my question is that wich sound card would be a good soulution and cheap soulution...

Any kind of help is welcome :P

The 1st statement isn't true , it depends on the laptop and what card th laptop has. Some laptops have soundcards that are good enough.

as far as what interface you should get. Get what you can afford.

Focusrite, Maudio and other companies make good interfaces. Any audio interface you get is going to be better quality than a stock laptop sound card.

Give us a budget and we can point you to some options

20 - 30 Euros would be great :)

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

and i read about something called usb soundcard. Are these good I mean does anyone of u use them ?

No point buying anything with that kind of money. Add a zero to those figures & you have a decent starter budget.

I have a steinberg ci1 USB soundcard and it works well. It's cheaper than most home studio soundcards..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ASUS Xonar DG sounds noticeably better, in this time you really do not need a dedicated sound card unless you are running a decent pair of headphones or for some other purposes outside of the realm of onboard.

Can u help some more guys ? i have 150 Euros can i buy a decent sound card from it ? i was thinking about m-audio.

Of course I definitely helps in this issue, when we talk about the good sound card than An asus stx or st xonar would be a good choice. I suggest you to determine about this and I am sure you really satisfied with this sound card to compare than m-audio.

Of course I definitely helps in this issue, when we talk about the good sound card than An asus stx or st xonar would be a good choice. I suggest you to determine about this and I am sure you really satisfied with this sound card to compare than m-audio.

Ill be checkin it out for sure :P Thanks man.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

But i was more thinking about soundcard that dosen't go in to laptop... and is connectable with usb cable.

150 euros is much better. I'd probably take a look at Focusrite's Saffire & Scarlett ranges - the smallest ones would fit nicely in your budget. Roland's Tri-Capture might also work, as would some of the Presonus stuff...and yeah, those M-Audios.

Back