Question about audio interface

Ddream

So, recently I got the Presonus Audiobox USB, and it has these two nice plugs, where I can stick a mic or and instrument, to do live recordings.

Now, I have this guitar, which I usually used for heavy metal (with Invader Humbuckers, and a basic Boss pedal), and my question is if I can plug my guitar on the pedal, and then to the interface, or I need to plug the guitar directly into the interface, and use, lets say, distortion on my DAW?

I think you must plug it directly, but why don't you try to plug it with pedal and see will it work?

Because in the manual of it, it says I can't plug any "active instrument" into it, with a risk of damaging the interface, and as the pedal is powered though an eletric outlet, I'm guessing this is the case.

the instrument input is the one to use and yes you use the pedals (any that you want) between your guitar and the interface - a pedal is active but not in the sense intended in the manual - it would be a different story if you were trying to connect the output of a pedal that was deliberately amplifying the signal above the input rms voltage range

Back