Problems with Maschine MK1 Driver

DeJunky

*Note: I'm not sure if this is where this post should go*

I purchased a second hand MK1 through Guitar Center about a week ago. It came with the original software CD. I installed the first version of Maschine(Maybe not the first but it was version 1.04 or something of the sort). The first version of the driver installed when plugged in and I ran that version of Maschine for a couple of days only to then realize I could upgrade to Maschine 2.0. So I decided to install the update. After encountering numerous problems with the downloader I found a way to download the .iso directly for the installer. Now to get to the problem, as I was installing Maschine 2.0 I was prompted to install the new drivers for the hardware. I selected yes and it began to install. About three minutes into the install my computer Blue Screened... Now when I turned my computer and plugged in the controller it flashed twice and then nothing more. No Maschine logo, just blank screens. So I dug around and figured that it was just the driver acting up. I uninstalled all Maschine related programs on my computer(including the drivers). I figured all I would have to do is install the newest version of the driver for the controller but when I tried to do that I got this error.

*I had a picture here but because this is my first post it won't let me post the picture...*
The error says "Unable to uninstall old version of Maschine Controller Driver. Please uninstall it yourself using Control Panel Add-Remove Programs before attempting to install this product.

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

I've tried countless times to uninstall and reinstall the driver but it won't let me because of this error. I know the controller is fine because I plugged it into my laptop to make sure it was fine. If anyone has encountered a similar problem please let me know.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, unfortunately I got tired of waiting and ended up reinstalling Windows(for other reasons) and that ended up fixing the problem I had. If I ever have the problem again I now know where to go!

Back