Novation Launchpad...in Logic Pro?

H

Hinojosa

I know its designed for abletone live, but can it be used with logic/mainstage? im thinking of getting one and an akai mpd18, or should i ditch the akai because the launchpad can have the same funcitons?

Well, it can be used - I'm pretty sure it just sends out standard MIDI messages (needs to be verified though - but the MIDI spec is available from the Novation site). But it's not really a replacement for a drum pad controller. It's not velocity sensitive and hitting those small buttons would be pretty awkward anyway. So the question is - what do you want to do with it?

I just don't think there's a sensible way to trigger loops in Logic that way whereas Live is basically built on that clips/loops paradigm. So it's not that much about the product itself, but the software side of things. I can't say I know Logic very well though...so maybe there is a way to do that. In Live it's just very much the heart of the program's way of working.

i guess it could be used better in mainstage, but mainstage works with simple midi commands, so i guess it could be controlled easily with the axiom pro

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

i guess i should experiment firs with what i already have before deciding to buy more

Back