novation Launchkey 49 vs samson graphite 49

Which keyboard would be better to buy?

• Novation Launchkey 49

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • samson Graphite 49

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sridude

After many days of thinking and researching, i was really convinced to buy the launchkey 49 until i read the user reviews on some forums, they said the controller felt cheap and the keys felt odd. Then i read about the graphite 49 and i got some mixed opinions as well about it's compatibility, the knobs and those faders as well. I already made a post on which keyboard to buy but now after even more research i am dead confused about buying one of these two. In India they have the almost same price. Does anybody have personal, hands-on experience with any of the two?? I am THIS close to ordering one of the two but i cant even decide!! even with the comparison of specs between the two i am confused as their almost the same with exceptions of the 16 pads on the launchkey and the after touch on the graphite....PLEASE help from this inferno of confusion!

Last edited:
Sorry, no hands on experience with those two boards. I do like the novation impuse, which I have the 25 key version for on the road. I also know the 61 board, the same but more keys :P
How about the novation sl mkII? I use a seperate remote zero sl mkI and it's marvelous.
That graphite looks like something you'd give your kid :P

Hey dude, the problem is that i live in india and here the launchkey and the samson have the same price 15000rs and my budget is 16k so since these are the only two that are good in terms of thier online reviews so i am still confused between the two. But just by specs which one would be better?? Do i need 16 launchpads that are in the novation there to make some edm??? gonna be using ableton live 9 and fl studio 11. BTW, is komplete elements software any good found in the samson?

My personal preference would go to the Novation. I like the feel of Novation keyboards. It's a personal thing though. Some like the feel of m audio boards, some hate it. The pads is another personal thing. I love to be able to hit the pads and do the drums live, but it's like playing an instrument, it takes time/practice to get good at it.
Pads on keyboards aren't usually that good. Also, u usually don't have the 4x4 setup. Or the pads are smaller. Do you think you're gonna enjoy playing drum parts yourself with your fingers bashing on the pads? Are you gonna take your time to learn how to do it and practice it? They're not necessary per se but can be a lot of fun.
Komplet is good, don't know if the komplet that comes with the graphite is a trimed down light version of the full programme.
Did you already found a DAW that you want to use?

Last edited:
started using fl studio 11 but i also have a copy of ableton live 9 so i will be learning both but for now fl studio. (BTW why do people hate fruity loops so much??? its not the best ok but it still is really good!) about komplete elements it is a huge stepdown of the ultimate version cause it come with only 3gb of samples but it cost about $60 and the fact that the graphite 49 has it included is a really nice edition. well i heard the pads can be used for launch sound clips as well (am i wrong?) but many said that the pads are really good on this one. I read 2 reviews but some things are that i just dont understand probably because i am a noob to the whole music production thing. Here are the links:
1) http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct13/articles/novation-launchkey.htm

2)http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec12/articles/samson-graphite-49.htm

by look at these two reviews, i would say the novation is better but the graphite has some fetures which a $250 midi keyboard would have (like more controls and aftertouch). so please read it these reviews and tell me!! Thanks for ur help bro!! (in advanced!)

Last edited:
Me personally, from those two , I'd go for the novation. But again, it's personal taste. Can't say what your taste would be. The pads can be used for anything yeah, but it'll be hard to really play them properly for drums and such.
A 4x4 setup for that is really what you'd like for that.
A korg padkontrol can come cheap , second hand if you want.
I'd advise you to stick with one DAW for now. Learn the ins and outs of that. In your case, FL studio. About the hating on FL , there will always be hating. Don't pay attention to it, FL studio is a good DAW that if you use it right, can get you some awesome sounds.

thanks so much man! i will go with my first instinct which is the launchkey 49. I will be sad that i dont get komplete but i dont give a F@#! i get loopmasters :P ONE last Q, not to be stupid but what do u mean by a 4x4 setup??? all this time i was wondering what it meant!! BTW listened to bucket of whiskers...its awesome!!!!

Last edited:
Back