No sound from Nord Lead 4 rack :(

mobodcubism

Firstly, I'm not quite sure if this is in the correct forum section, so please move it if its not

Hey guys, I just recently bought myself a nord lead 4 rack but am having trouble getting any sound out of it.

My set up is: nord lead 4 rack, AKAI mpk25 midi keyboard, M-Audio M Track plus and ableton live on my macbook.

So far, I have:

1. Midi cable from akai midi out to m audio midi in
2. Midi cable from m audio out to nord lead 4 rack
3. 1/4" TRS stereo cable from nord rack to m audio line input
4. usb cable from m audio to macbook

However, I hear no sound from my nord lead 4

I have also just tried:

1. Midi cable from M Audio Out to nord lead in
2. Midi cable from nord lead out to M audio In
3. USB from M audio to Macbook

In this scenario, the midi light blinks as i send midi but still, no sound

I am new to this external hardware stuff so is there anything I am missing??

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

which socket are you coming out of from the nord for your audio?

the specifications say to use a regular guitar lead (TS-TS), i.e. the outputs are unbalanced

ps TRS does not equate to stereo when dealing with pro audio gear, only to balanced, where T=Hot=L, R=Cold=R, S=Shield/Ground=X

pps your midi connectivity should go from your akai out to the nord in and from the nord out to the interface in and from the interface out to the akai in - i.e. one long daisy chain.

you should also be able to hear the akai triggering the nord without needing to use the interface - simply plug it into a guitar amp or other powered speaker

you may need to assign your input midi channel and on the nord and make sure that the akai is transmitting on the same channel

which socket are you coming out of from the nord for your audio?

the specifications say to use a regular guitar lead (TS-TS), i.e. the outputs are unbalanced

ps TRS does not equate to stereo when dealing with pro audio gear, only to balanced, where T=Hot=L, R=Cold=R, S=Shield/Ground=X

pps your midi connectivity should go from your akai out to the nord in and from the nord out to the interface in and from the interface out to the akai in - i.e. one long daisy chain.

you should also be able to hear the akai triggering the nord without needing to use the interface - simply plug it into a guitar amp or other powered speaker

you may need to assign your input midi channel and on the nord and make sure that the akai is transmitting on the same channel

Thanks for the reply:D

So if i understood this correctly, my cables could be wrong?

When only playing with the headphones in, and a midi cable going from midi out on my mpk25 to midi in on my nord, I hear no sound, but see the "midi" light on the nord flashing. It seems to be working, just no sound seems to be coming through. I've checked the volume knobs and everything so that does not seem to be the issue either.

Maybe its the channels, but i'm yet to figure out how to configure channels on the nord.

read chapter 11 in the user manual for the Nord and page 33 in the user manual for the akai

ask question if you can't follow what it asks you to do

Back