Newb here :) r.e mixers and audio interfaces for hardware and logic

tanner93

Hey!

First time posting, so apologies if this isnt the right section for this request :) It is regarding mixers and audio interfaces and how i can use these to connect all my gear up for jamming and ultimately recording into my mac through logic. (I'm aware I probably should have bought an interface a long time ago, but i have so far enjoyed just using the gear i have standalone with headphones and a beer)

I have been making mainly dance music using logic on my macbook, but invested in some hardware over the last year or 2 in the aim of making stuff 'out the box', and ive had loads of fun so far messing about with them, but ive decided i want to be able to bring all the sounds together to mix and record into logic. I have the following bits in my set up;

- Vocal Mic (Not bought yet)
- Electric Guitar
- Roland TR-09
- Roland TR-08
- Roland TR-SH01A
- Roland TB-03 (not bought yet)
- Maschine MK2
- Kastle Synth
- Technics 1210 mk2 (for sampling)

I want to realistically have 2 of the boutiques running some drums and a synth pattern via midi, my maschine playing some pre cut vinyl samples etc (dno how to sync via midi yet), vocal mic, and Kastle Synth at max. id probably swap the kastle synth or vocal mic out every now and then for my guitar or a friends synth etc too ideally.

Ive been looking everywhere at mixers and audio interfaces, but im confused as to the number of inputs and outputs i will need on both bits of kit, and what type of inputs i will need. The furthest ive got to connecting these bits of kit is with a midi cable from the tr-09 to the sho-01a...i need help lol.

Can you help me understand what type of interface and mixer combo i will need, that would give me enough flexibility to bring all these bits together, and allow me to separately mix, record, and edit them in logic at a later stage. Im open to ideas of workflow etc, and just really want to get everything up and running. I have been saving money for ages to get it going so i just want to find the final peices of the puzzle.

I went to my local music shop today, and quite frankly had a crappy experience - they didnt want to know haha, so i hope you guys can help.

My budget is around 250 for interface, 300 for mixer...but can sort of slide either way with some months of saving :)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Back