New to music / producing, and looking for a good sampler/keyboard

niccarlson-

Ok, I wasn't sure exactly where to put this but hopefully this is the right place.

I'm looking for... well I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for.
I'm trying to find a sampler (I think) that I can use without a computer (like the Akai Professional MPX8). I was hoping I could find something around this price range, but with hopefully more pads. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I am also looking into MIDI keyboards that can be used standalone. I'm not sure if that made sense, but I am hoping someone on here can find what I am looking for. I would like to keep it under $200, and it would be awesome if there was anything under $150.

Thanks a million!
Nicholas

You simply won't find many samplers at this price range - I can think of precisely two: the MPX8's big brother MPX16, and the Korg Volca Sample (the latter relies on an iOS app for sampling, which kind of sucks if you ain't already in Apple's ecosystem).

As for "standalone MIDI keyboards"...well, pretty much any synth/keyboard will have some kind of basic MIDI functions, but obviously MIDI controllers that are only MIDI controllers won't do anything on their own. Maybe you can elaborate a bit on what you want to do?

Take a look man at this what i recommend to you!

This is the AKAI MPX8 which has 8 Pads, 21 Internal Sounds, Supported SD Cards up to 32GB and many other features. You get also a free Loop Library download from Akai Pro.
It Costs $99.00
Check out on this link: https://goo.gl/qq3UW6

Hope it helps!
Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm also interested in this question. I already have loads of samples, and I want a device that I can use to mess around with them without a computer. It's got to have no noticeable latency, be touch sensitive, and ultimately work as a midi controller so I can use ableton to compose in the end.

I think the MPX16 is pretty much what I'm looking for, can people confirm that it works well? I heard some things about latency issues, but these seem to be when you are controlling the MPX16 using midi. I want to make sure latency isn't a problem when I'm playing on the pads.

Also interested if anyone has other hardware recommendations.

Thanks!

Back