A new malware to make HD disappear?

lovenara

Recently i have problem of externalHD disappear from mycomputer of windowxp,and not the case of Driveletter changing in computer management ( i used to do that a lot in the past )
-When i saw in device manager,it said that drive is fine but it never appeared in mycomputer,i used to have many USB ports ( apart from C,D and E,they were F,G,H,I,J,K...which used to appeared all the time)but now they all gone,only appeared were C,D,E ( USBs in device manager still said fine with them)
-Tried connected the external drive into other comps too and they still worked fine.
So i think should some kind of malware or worms?

-I think i dloaded something from net and when i copied it into my music computer,it said " ....exceed numbers....",cant remember all,it happened very fast :)I waited to see if this is a new virus but no reports of this kind,just cases of those driveletter changing.
Anyone?or any tips to copy files from that drive without seeing it in mycomp?
thnx

Last edited:
thnx for reply ,here is the pic all the USB are fine Problems are in other devices which are irrelevant ,i think
408503936.jpg

Are the other problems you are talking about your internet not working? You should install your missing drivers Video Card / Ethernet. Unless your leaving it off purposely to deal with latency.

Are the other problems you are talking about your internet not working? You should install your missing drivers Video Card / Ethernet. Unless your leaving it off purposely to deal with latency.
I dont know much about those stuff,it just happened like that.I think they are not related to the topic problem?

so

I would suggest that you download a virus solution like avg and run that over your machine

pro-tip
do not use your music making machine for internet connectivity it will only create problems like those you describe

thnx!!! AVG really killed them,found 13 threats and after a restart all those USB drives are showing again :)

so

I would suggest that you download a virus solution like avg and run that over your machine

pro-tip
do not use your music making machine for internet connectivity it will only create problems like those you describe

Back