New macbook comes with ONE usb port haha

Yumid

The new macbook comes with ONE usb port that you also need to charge the computer with. Its so blatantly obviously every decision made by that company is so you have to buy their apple specific adapters. The whole point of having a portable laptop is being overwritten by the fact that you need to have a bunch of adapters and hard drives hanging off of it just to use it for production anymore. I have 2 usb hubs already with the 2 ports they gave us on the last model. And one drive hanging out of one of the ports. A number pad adapter on the other, etc..My laptop looks like an octopus. People won't even be able to use the new MacBooks for producing as far as I can tell right now. Who makes these decisions haha.

http://www.youredm.com/2015/03/09/you-wont-see-djs-using-the-new-macbook/

Last edited:
The new macbook is more targeted towards on the go types, for simple we browsing, maybe writing papers/articles. it does not seem like this macbook was made to be used as a workstation. they still have the macbook pro line which is a good base for a workstation.

The new macbook comes with ONE usb port that you also need to charge the computer with. Its so blatantly obviously every decision made by that company is so you have to buy their apple specific adapters. The whole point of having a portable laptop is being overwritten by the fact that you need to have a bunch of adapters and hard drives hanging off of it just to use it for production anymore. I have 2 usb hubs already with the 2 ports they gave us on the last model. And one drive hanging out of one of the ports. A number pad adapter on the other, etc..My laptop looks like an octopus. People won't even be able to use the new MacBooks for producing as far as I can tell right now. Who makes these decisions haha.

http://www.youredm.com/2015/03/09/you-wont-see-djs-using-the-new-macbook/

The point of these new laptops is not for any kind of productivity that would require any external hardware, so your critique is moot and kinda dumb, especially when Apple make hardware that are much more suited for such things. Its like complaining that the Porsche Roadster is ill-suited for family commutes because of its small trunk space and only two seats.
Furthermore, its not Apple's fault that you seem to miss the point of a laptop, with a bunch of drives and shit hanging off it.

Last edited:
Basically it seems like an iPad with a keyboard. Pretty much 'on the go' costy item. It seems pointless though it hurts to look at it.

Back