New Korg Minilogue and Steinberg UR22

dactyl

This is a noobish question. I just purchased the new Korg Minilogue analog synthesizer. It will be here in a couple days. This will be my first hardware synthesizer, so I have no experience using one with my computer. I have a Steinberg UR22 audio interface. Is there any reason I would have problems using the synthesizer with the line input on this interface to play and record audio with my computer? I don't know much about the hardware side of things, so I just want to be sure the two devices will be "compatible" and that I won't run into any serious problems with clipping or anything else. If there is some reason this interface is not suited for a synthesizer like this, I am prepared to buy another, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Of course, I would much prefer to hear that the interface I have should work fine :).

Last edited:
It's a bit hard to get close-up pictures or info specs on the Minilogue right now (the web is full of the same handful of small pix and a couple of videos), but it looks like you should have no problems going into one of your Steinberg interface's line-level inputs (apparently they can handle line and instrument level)...

Looks cool!

GJ

Good deal. Thanks a bunch. It's showing up tomorrow, so I'm glad everything should work.

The user's manual for the Minilogue is out now, btw, if you wanted to learn more about it: Downloads | Support | KORG

Last edited:
There's a single mono TS jack on it, which'll output at line level (like pretty much every other synth out there). Will pose no problems.

I'm sure I'll never speak Finnish as well as you do English. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll never speak Finnish at all!! Thanks-be to Google...

GJ

Thanks to both of you for the help. I got the Minilogue and it indeed works fine with the UR22. Sounds great. It's my first hardware synth, and I feel like it was a good choice.

I'm sure I'll never speak Finnish as well as you do English. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll never speak Finnish at all!! Thanks-be to Google...

GJ

Ha, thanks :) You'll never know what happens though :)

dactyl said:
I got the Minilogue and it indeed works fine with the UR22. Sounds great. It's my first hardware synth, and I feel like it was a good choice.

Even though there's been an abundance of great analog synths lately, this is one of the most interesting ones. Amidst all the retro & remakes & treading old ground, it's one of the few that are genuinely new designs.

Back