Nektar Panorama P4

A

alkota

Anyone have one of these joints to use with Reason? If so... any thoughts? Reviews?

yes i have one, it's the best midi keyboard i ever used. its hard to even classify it as a midi keyboard, its more of a hybrid solution like NI's maschine.

it's almost like using a standalone synth workstation with reason inside it

ive been gushing over it for the last week and im kinda burnt out on praise, so ill just say this. if youre a heavy reason user (esp 6 and up), or reason/record - if you were ever a strictly hardware person - asr 10, triton etc...it is 110% safe for you to go ahead and buy this keyboard.

Last edited:
Hey I plan to use this with reason and ableton.

Saw a lot of midi controllers but at first sight this is the one that i seem to understand.

There is only one thing im concerned.

The m-audio has around 50 memory options.

So for example I can select memory 1 and ill be controlling cubase instantly.
memory 2 ableton
memory 3 logic, and so on

The panorama hAs mixer, instrument, transport, and Internal mode

Are this equivalent to the memory functions on axiom?

Say if I select internal can i be instantly in ableton. And can i have multiple memorys to select other daws at the same time?

Thank you in advance!

Mario

I plan to use it on live performances with ableton and reason at the same time.

Can i switch it isntantly to control reason and then ableton and then reason and then ableton and so on?

Hey I plan to use this with reason and ableton.

Saw a lot of midi controllers but at first sight this is the one that i seem to understand.

There is only one thing im concerned.

The m-audio has around 50 memory options.

So for example I can select memory 1 and ill be controlling cubase instantly.
memory 2 ableton
memory 3 logic, and so on

The panorama hAs mixer, instrument, transport, and Internal mode

Are this equivalent to the memory functions on axiom?

Say if I select internal can i be instantly in ableton. And can i have multiple memorys to select other daws at the same time?

Thank you in advance!

Mario

sorry late reply. no mixer, instrument, and transport let you move around in reason. think F5 (mixer), F6 (instrument rack), and F7 (transport/sequencer)

internal is for all other DAW's other than reason. what you are calling memory, sounds like you mean presets. and yes in internal mode there are some generic presets that you can assign to whatever you want, or create your own

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Can i switch it isntantly to control reason and then ableton and then reason and then ableton and so on?

im not sure. you should like their facebook page and ask there. they are responsive as hell

They are gonna be adding more Daws to be fully supported software, so for now to control abelton you will have to set it to standard midi control behavior when not using reason.

They are gonna be adding more Daws to be fully supported software, so for now to control abelton you will have to set it to standard midi control behavior when not using reason.

Wow this is great news.

Anyway ordered it avfewbdays ago. But this is a plus to know they will be improving the software.

Thank you for the answers.

i have the panorama 4 i use it on fl studio 11 since its supported on there best midi ive used
[h=5][/h]

I've got a Keyboard I'm comfortable with, so I was looking at the P1, I've been using reason7 a lot more heavily than Ableton now(have an apc40), but still use them together sometimes. I stare at the computer screen studying and working most of the day and it sucks to be staring at the same screen to make music. Switching through and clicking the different windows on Reason is not so smooth. It seems like no one has any complaints with this panorama series. I think it's priced pretty damn fair too. I feel like I want it bad, but I'm just a little hesitant. Is it definitely something you don't want to use Reason without?

I've got a Keyboard I'm comfortable with, so I was looking at the P1, I've been using reason7 a lot more heavily than Ableton now(have an apc40), but still use them together sometimes. I stare at the computer screen studying and working most of the day and it sucks to be staring at the same screen to make music. Switching through and clicking the different windows on Reason is not so smooth. It seems like no one has any complaints with this panorama series. I think it's priced pretty damn fair too. I feel like I want it bad, but I'm just a little hesitant. Is it definitely something you don't want to use Reason without?
you can use reason without it, but you will still be in the computer some of the time. i haven't used the panorama in a very long time, but from what i remember you still had to consult the computer to browse even when you set up some key shortcuts to launch the browser. you can totally stay on the keyboard other than that but it takes a lot of navigating/button presses to get around. moving around reason was pretty smooth for sure. they have mode buttons for each section (sequencer, mixer, rack).

this is last i checked though which was maybe a year ago. it very well could be updated now but i don't know. like i said though you could always ask them. bet they'll answer you

Last edited:
didn't catch that fb page post, thanks. I ordered one the other day, I'll find out soon enough haha.

you can use reason without it, but you will still be in the computer some of the time. i haven't used the panorama in a very long time, but from what i remember you still had to consult the computer to browse even when you set up some key shortcuts to launch the browser. you can totally stay on the keyboard other than that but it takes a lot of navigating/button presses to get around. moving around reason was pretty smooth for sure. they have mode buttons for each section (sequencer, mixer, rack).

this is last i checked though which was maybe a year ago. it very well could be updated now but i don't know. like i said though you could always ask them. bet they'll answer you

Back