Need speakers for making beats but not mixing!

TheMTtakeover

Hey! So I am looking at getting new speakers the ones I have now are just cheap 2.1 computer speakers. They work fine except for the bass is not all that good. I have to run out to my car all the time to see how the bass is actually going to sound when hitting hard. I don't need anything super accurate because I don't need these for mixing.

I was looking at getting some cheap studio monitors and hooking up a sub to them. I figured this would give me decent enough sound while providing a view of how the bass is hitting. Do you guys have suggestions?

I was looking at these

Amazon.com: Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors: Musical Instruments

or maybe these

Amazon.com: Alesis Elevate 5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers with Elliptical Waveguide (Pair): Musical Instruments

I see they have a sub out. any reccomendations on a sub to use with these or if they are better monitors for similar prices?

Thanks.

I like the ADAM SUB 7, Adam subs are pretty expensive though...
Also, I really like the m-audio BX5's in my studio which are great for reference, and for smaller rooms, check'm out

dude, monitors are like the part of your studio you don't want to save money on in my opinion. even if it's just for making beats. if you get some little 100 dolllar each monitors you're gonna be sorry in the long run. i've been there. i had some little m-audio studiophile typa monitors and i just stuck to headphones and my stereo system instead... and that was not for mixing purposes either. i'd get some yamaha hs8's or something similar. if you don't got the money right now i would wait. or see if you can get on a payment plan, that's how i acquired most of my equipment in my younger days.

Last edited:
Hey! So I am looking at getting new speakers the ones I have now are just cheap 2.1 computer speakers. They work fine except for the bass is not all that good. I have to run out to my car all the time to see how the bass is actually going to sound when hitting hard. I don't need anything super accurate because I don't need these for mixing.

I was looking at getting some cheap studio monitors and hooking up a sub to them. I figured this would give me decent enough sound while providing a view of how the bass is hitting. Do you guys have suggestions?

I was looking at these

Amazon.com: Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors: Musical Instruments

or maybe these

Amazon.com: Alesis Elevate 5 Active Studio Monitor Speakers with Elliptical Waveguide (Pair): Musical Instruments

I see they have a sub out. any reccomendations on a sub to use with these or if they are better monitors for similar prices?

Thanks.

those do look cool. check out the reviews. maybe there are some reviews here at this website.

Last edited:
Back